Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

New users with blank profiles

This is more me just venting my frustration, but I’m also curious what other hosts experiences have been.

The VAST majority of reservation requests I receive are from brand new guests who might have a profile picture but otherwise their profile is completely blank. When you register with Airbnb as a guest, don’t they encourage you to fill out a profile with personal information. Twice now I have received requests from people who are obviously not from the city where I live, but it is listed as where they’re from on their profile. Has anyone else seen this??

Personally I think it’s very lazy and inconsiderate of the guest, not to mention misleading in the case of people putting their home city as the one they plan to visit. I think Airbnb should make some minimal profile information mandatory. I was very disappointed to learn that they only profile requirement to be able to book instantly is a profile photo.

Yes, prepare for it to be never ending. I enjoy scolding such people for not reading my listing entirely. If they apologize and are receptive to learning - that’s a good sign. If they are rude, I just laugh rudely back. Either way they’ve learned something from the interaction. If you’re just tired and don’t need their booking, just write “Not possible” and decline.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!