New topic: How do you deal with

I think the requirement is host a year, not be on the forum a year. You also have an established presence on the forum. @konacoconutz can clarify

2 Likes

I thought you were added??? Certain members I know can be added!

Hi @Malagachica,

Funny post. Big plus points for your sense of humor. You and @MsJTherrien should get together and write a ā€œWeird Guests Iā€™ve Metā€ blog. Iā€™ve not (yet) met similarly colorful personalities, but no doubt my time will come.

Um, this falls into the category of ā€œdoes not followā€. :slight_smile:

Ha! I havenā€™t been hosting long enough to have TOO many unusual guests, besides the young clothing-optional girl there was this one couple that showed up late at night so I wasnā€™t planning to meet them until the next morning, when I got up she was screaming bloody murder at him because of something that had happened at his new jobā€¦ I couldnā€™t help but eavesdrop of course, ha ha, and after listening I totally agreed with herā€¦ I went back in my room for a while instead of going down and introducing myself. :wink:

1 Like

I dont think i would say anything at all, if it was just a loud argument, things happen between couples and the worst is to interfeer or try to cal, them down. But if you are worried it will escalate into domestic abuse, then yes, its time to say something. If they just arguing, let it be, we all have been there.

1 Like

I also stumbled on that interesting line. :sunglasses:

1 Like

(Why did I know you would comment on that post.)

You talking to moi? :sunglasses:

No, Faheem, youā€™re right, of course ā€¦ what I meant was they were Muslim and did not drink. I lived in Egypt for 4 years and attended many parties where the only available drinks were bottled peach juice (sweet and sickly) and Bellā€™s whiskey (which I loathe!)

Oh goody, Iā€™ll go and try now!

Reading this far did fill all the boxes of the bad behavior. Isnā€™t it weird that you can visit other peopleā€™s homes with this kind of attitude, and you can tell from these first moments, whatā€™s going to happen![quote=ā€œMalagachica, post:19, topic:7220ā€]
Just to add, and to confound any stereotypes,
[/quote]
I donā€™t think that if we describe guestā€™s age/nationality/gender is ment to be underlining any stereotypes: we just share our experiences and tell the situation as it is. These were two Danish girls and thatā€™s just a fact - as if they were any other nationalities!

Sorry for your experience @Malagachica

1 Like

Hi @Malagachica,

Totally off topic, but how did you like living in Egypt? And my point (which probably wasnā€™t clear) is that Muslims do drink. But possibly not in places like Saudi Arabia, where the government makes it difficult.

Iā€™ll send you a PM about Egypt, Faheem.

About alcohol, I have a gut feeling that younger people (Millenials?) in general tend to drink less than us oldies (Iā€™m counting anyone over 35 here!) And certainly very few of the Moroccans I know here in Spain drink alcohol - just gallons of mint tea!

2 Likes