I have been renting long-term locally in my apartment for a few years now and finally I wanna step up my game and go Airbnb. Like most hosts, I aim to provide 5-star service. I know the basics but would like to learn the details, small things, other hosts are utilizing.
So far we (edited from the responses below) have
- mirror not only in bathroom but in the leased room too
- basket of feminine protection + trash bin in the toilet
- stack of towels (also some folks in different threads mentioned stain resistant towels)
- bed sheet ironing + lint brush
- basket of q-tips, cotton balls, travel-size tootbrushes etc. in bathroom + hairdryer
- have a paper/folder/whatever with info about wifi, local attractions and places to eat etc. in the room
- cheap disposable slippers are good for letting know the apt is shoe-free
- small dish of wrapped hard candies
- list your place at Google MyBusiness
Also if I have 2 rooms available to lease in 3-room apartment do I make 2 separate listings?
Second question is, is it common to provide slippers or overshoes? Basically what should I do if I require the guests to remove their shoes when entering the apartment.