New Review Policy

No idea. I think it’s vague enough that Airbnb can do whatever they want.

3 Likes

I agree with Rebecca that it’s vague enough that they can still apply the policy in an arbitrary manner. For example:

Reviews that are biased and exhibit indications of extortion/incentivization, conflicts of interest, or direct competition

What is a conflict of interest?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/airbnbs-content-policy

I’d probably avoid mentioning Airbnb involvement in any review if I could.

1 Like

I will avoid mentioning it as well. I was looking into this topic as a host anticipating a bad review (as you’ve followed my thread today) to see if I will have any grounds for removal.

2 Likes

Bazinga!!! ** Host 1, guest 0 **

Over last weekend, we had an awful weekend dealing with an entitled little p.i.t.a. when she hosted a large get together at our house, complete with enough cars to block the shared driveway AND a pot head teenager walking into my neighbors’ house.

I sent her a message, called ABB, all the right things. ABB was horrible (long story) but made up for it today.

Her review was 5 stars in every category, but 2 overall and basically whined about the neighbor. My review was short and impartial, followed with docking stars and choosing “no” as to hosting her again.

I called ABB to request her review be taken down as it was clearly in retailation for being called out about the party. ABB said they would review it and call me back. I chalked it up to never hearing from them again. (At least I tried, but meh…)

The called back a bit later and took the review, and stars, down because her review was not about us and our listing but was about the neighbor, over which we had no control. Even better? They left my review of her on her profile.

I’d accept a critical review if I’d earned it, but when someone lies like this brat did, oh heck no. Thankfully, it looks like ABB is holding to the new guidelines (and being helpful, in that they aren’t just saying no).

Yahoo!!! :grin:

7 Likes

So, are we calling CS to talk to them about the removal of these reviews?

My location and one recent retaliatory review left by a crazy lady has dropped my status into the 4.6 area and its bumming me out. I was a super host for like 2 years, then all of a sudden I’m getting hit on location because of the homeless people in the neighborhood.

Its disheartening

Can you charge people for extra guests that was not included in the booking? How do you do that?

I have had mixed success on getting payment for additional guests. I have it in my House Rules that unauthorized guests are $50/instance. The regular additional guest fee is $20/person/night for all but the first guest who is included in the base price of booking. I have charged the unauthorized guest fees through the Resolution Center. Recently I only seem to get it when the guest admits to having the guests. They complain that it is not fair to cheatgrass for their extra people and admit to having them…