New idea Profile for Pets who travel on Airbnb

It’s unfortunate that many people see their pets through rose colored glasses (their children too). One of my dogs is sometimes dog aggressive. I’ve been thanked countless times at the veterinarian, groomer and physical therapy for warning the employees. They always tell me that most owners of dog aggressive dogs claim this is the first time their dog has fought when their dog fights even though it’s clearly not the first time.

2 Likes

After all the recent back and forth about dogs I am thinking maybe I will allow dogs with a modest pet fee, like $500 That way I come up as pet friendly and maybe get more views and still unlikely to actually have to host dogs.

RR

1 Like

LOL. You shouldn’t joke like that someone will take you seriously and try the same thing.

Perhaps a guest will plunk down $500 for the fur baby:)

RR

Do you know if we are banned from charging our pet fee, and or addional cleaning fee? I had my first encounter with a ESA. Not only was this a Christmas Eve departure, with a short amount of time to turn over, there was gross slimmy loose :poop: stool on my shag rug! What do I do going forward?

I have many guests that plunk down way more than that! It happens when they have more than one animal and/or when they are a long term stay.

In one case I had a guest who was a fellow Airbnb Host and fellow Rover Host and they paid more to have her and her boyfriend’s 4 dogs stay in my private room listing than they did for the two of them! They were great guests…better than most all the way around.

She tried to book again but I was already booked. :weary:

Yes, charge accordingly. So sorry to hear about the mess and that the guests just left it there for you…