New Hosting Pilot?

I think if it was up to Air then they would try to pass legislation saying all rentals need to go through them so they can make sure taxes are paid, and that rentals are managed “legally.”

There is a reason Air has chosen to intentionally not provide a separate tax item line…

It’s just like how in some areas property managers want to make sure it is illegal for someone not licensed to manage a property…everyone wants to protect their turf!

2 Likes

I would totally do it. Where are the hosts locates that are part of this pilot program?

At @Oesmec and I were just dicussing a version of this

I am in the Chicago area. I don’t know if it’s just a local endeavor or what.

It sure seems like they want to get everyone and their grandma signed up… And by offering these services they can get more people on board.

We have my husband’s cousin doing a lot of the cleaning turnover stuff for us now since he’s between jobs. What I want is some sort of board for people like him to get more work doing this!

I mean, I could sign up for it, and have him do it, but it seems disingenuous, even though he is truly our sorta-employed “airbnb helper”

I could never turn over most of these responsibilities to a third party; I’d feel like I have no control!

Plus I feel like they would pay you through your existing account so you’d be taxed on it. There are plenty of places you can advertise your services as a vacation rental cleaner. I bet he could be working steady if he got a few busy accounts.

There has been a meetup created by Airbnb for this in Toronto, so far, all attending are superhosts.

Did they also create an event for it in Chicago?

I got that email also.
But I’ve actually been paid cash or have bartered goods/services by friends of friends for helping them set up their listing, teaching them how to navigate the website, helping them when they get their first few requests.
I enjoy doing it, and it’s nice to have the extra income, even if it is a bartered item.