New Hosting Pilot?

Did anyone else receive this email?

Hi Natalie,

You’re invited to a new pilot where you can host for others. There are many people who have homes that they want to share, but they don’t have the time or confidence to host.

This exclusive pilot gives amazing hosts like you the opportunity to earn extra income, help people in your neighborhood, and do more of what you’re already great at: being a host!

With your hospitality experience, you can help them with things like creating a listing, accepting bookings, checking guests in, and giving guests local recommendations - all while earning extra income.

What do you think of it?

Yes, I got that email today, and asked for more info.

Do you have also to do the cleaning.

I think it’s a good idea, depends about your earning potential

There’s a questionnaire, as follows:

Earn extra income hosting for others

As one of Airbnb’s standout hosts, we would like to invite you to participate in an exclusive Airbnb pilot program where you will have the opportunity to make extra income while helping others share their homes.
If you’d like to learn more, please tell us a bit about yourself below and we’ll reach out with more information in the coming days.

Please indicate what kinds of services you’d be interested in providing.

• Setting up the listing (description, photos, etc.)
  • Messaging with guests
  • Managing the listing calendar and accepting/declining guest bookings
  • In-person guest check-in & check-out (key exchange, home orientation, listing inspection)
  • Cleaning (Doing it yourself or coordinating a cleaner)
  • Replenishing necessities in the listing (such as linens, extra keys, toilet paper, trash bags, bath products etc.)
  • Other:

How many hours per week would you have available to help others?

• 1-5 hours per week
  • 5 to10 hours per week
  • 10 to 15 hours per week
  • 15 to 30 hours per week
  • More than 30 hours per week

What neighborhood do you live in?

I would love to participate but I wasn’t invited :frowning:. Are you all in the US?

1 Like

Eeek, that’s a dangling sentence. Who’s writing their copy?? :frowning:

NO!!! Just no!!! :smile:

3 Likes

I know. It irked me too. :stuck_out_tongue:

It sounds like property management! In Hawaii this would only be allowed for one property. To do the management of any others it’s illegal without a real estate license.

Jeeze, it’s odd to me how many pies they are trying to stick their fingers in.

2 Likes

I wonder how long you’d have to host before you would be eligible. As a SAHM, that sounds totally doable to me for a little extra income.

1 Like

Hahhahaaaaaa…

“Reach out…”

These words are so traumatic to me. Whenever I heard Bank of America saying this constantly as they were illegally foreclosing on me, I pictured some animated ghost hand reaching through the phone to grab my house. Losers! Liars! Thieves!!!

2 Likes

Ugh, that’s horrible Kona - no wonder you hate that phrase! Reminds me of that “Scrooged” scene. I’m glad everything worked out for you in the end :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Yes, I modified but I was one of millions sent to modification hell, where they “lost” all your stuff a million times, no matter how much you sent it in, and then foreclosed because of “missing documents.” This was no coincidence, this was an outright scam. By the grace of god did I save my house because I knew the right people and it happened within divine timing. I was one of only about 10 homeowners in Hawaii that year to get modifed. They only did it to demonstrate that they did indeed modify people, and I was a token example. They LIED so much during the process. OUTRIGHT lies. And then in the end, tacked on all their fees and penalties for me to pay because they deliberately stalled a modification for two years. Criminals!!! Don’t get me started!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you went though that hell. I can’t even imagine how scared I would be if I thought I might lose my house, much less for such a protracted period via malicious corporate policies.

Have you watched The Big Short. It might be good for some laughs if it doesn’t trigger PTSD in you.

Yes, thanks Ellen. I was a single mom coming off a divorce and two weeks from a sale date, when the laws suddenly changed in Hawaii and all foreclosures went judicial! That bought me some more time. If I can give anyone advice about this. Stand and fight. Never surrender!

I did see the Big Short… and loved it. They only skimmed the surface of the modification scams though. A whole movie could be made about just that. The level of criminal fraud perpetrated by the banks, their servicers and Fannie and Freddie during the crisis of 2008-2010 is unimaginable!!! 10 million foreclosures and more to come. It’s only the beginning.

I love this radio show. It does wonders to educate about the fraud–from robosigners to phony assignments, to fraud on the court, and much more … hosted by the paragon of foreclosure defense, Gary Dubin. There are so many skeletons in the closet… jus the shadow banking system that had to exist before any of it could happen is exposed and explained. It boggles the mind that not one banker went to jail over this. Great stuff here!!! http://www.foreclosurehour.com/past-broadcasts.html

1 Like

How much do you get paid? Like a percentage or a flat fee?

1 Like

In the U.S. in some states you must be a real estate broker in order to manage a property based on commission (if you are not related to the owner). Otherwise, you have to be paid the hour.

1 Like

Not sure. I didn’t fill it out because I really don’t have time for any more airbnb in my life. :slight_smile:

This was my first thought too. But I 'm guessing AirBnB care as much about that as they do about unpermitted hosts evading ToT (i.e. they don’t think it’s their responsibility to provide legal advice, even when the laws are very clear).

1 Like