New host with a bedding question

Differences in language here but I think what you know as a comforter we in the EU know as a duvet. We have a Duvet, Duvet cover (enclosed bag for duvet.

We have top sheets and a mattress topper (like a really thick fitter blanket) which goes on top of the mattress and beneath the sheet.

anything and everything that comes in contact with our guests is washed after every stay or after seven days use by same client.

so we have at least three Duvet covers, one in use, one for emergencies and one in the laundry.

1 Like

@kzim2182 Kari, Iā€™m in the US and use a white coverlet or a thin comforter over the flat sheet; naturally, it gets washed after each and every guest.

1 Like

This is great information! I was asked to fully supply a new air bnb and I purchased 3 complete bedding sets per bed. That way if there was not time to immediately wash the used bedding, I had a clean set ready to put on the bed. The 3rd set is for if there is a stain or hole found in either set then I am still prepared for a guest. Very worth the extra cost up front.

I use a very nice complete sheet set
A allergen free mattress cover
Allergen free zippered pillow cover under the pillowcase
A alternative to down comforter inside a lightweight duvet.
All are white so than can easily be bleached and washed together.

I feel cleanliness is a very big MUST!!

I see this 3 year old thread is revived. I have an update on my ā€œpandemic worldā€ routine. Now the duvet cover does get washed or changed after every stay. I never put the rugs I have in the room anymore. I only have a terry bathmat. All the textiles on the bed are washed after every stay and I donā€™t have any other cloth textiles in my rental.

4 Likes