New host here :) What do you think of my listing?

Hi :slight_smile:
Iā€™m a brand new host in Auckland NZ who has finally (after reading obsessively all over the internet) taken the plunge and created a listing. Iā€™ve had 20+ views over the last few days, no booking enquiries yet though. I had blocked off a few days up till tomorrow as I had a busy weekend planned but didnā€™t want to leave it any longer!

Open to any and all suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks so great! I would book this place!

I would add the bathroom in the initial description. That was my first question - is there running hot water.

Good luck!

Thanks for that feedback! Unfortunately I just messed up the initial description - the AirBnB app allows less characters in the description than the desktop version O.o

Hi Sonya - good luck with your listing! Do you have a target market in mind? Iā€™m in Auckland too if you need any adviceā€¦

Oh, itā€™s lovely. Iā€™d stay there in a heartbeat!

Nice that Iā€™m not the only Kiwi on here :slight_smile:
I think my target market is either small groups of student tourists, or people with children.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a kiwi tooā€¦ @Sonya_Wilson

I read an article on stuff today that Auckland is suffering a hotel shortage!! so up you prices accordingly when there are events on!

Very cute and, it seems to me, reasonably priced. I noticed your ā€œno alcoholā€ rule and Iā€™m guessing this is due to your religious beliefs. I would think that would reduce your potential booking rate quite a bit because you offer a refrigerator and kitchen. When I travel I like to find a place with a refrigerator and I take my beer or wine to save money. Good luck.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t notice that. As a wine-drinker that would put me off :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, I was going to make the point about ā€˜no alcoholā€™ too @Sonya_Wilsonā€¦if you are worried about people becoming intoxicated and creating noise, damage etc, I think youā€™d be covered under your ā€˜no partiesā€™ house rule. Iā€™ve hosted in excess of 60 guests (mostly Europeans in their 20s and early 30s) since January this year and no-one has caused any drink-related problems. People are very modest and considerate on the whole and it would be a shame for someone to not book your caravan because theyā€™d like a glass of wine with their dinnerā€¦have a think about it :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. We are an ā€˜olderā€™ couple but have wine EVERY night with dinner. (Being from Europe, it just seems civilised to us!)

Not everyone who enjoys a cocktail is a drunken, destructive lout.

But if itā€™s a matter of religion or personal beliefs, then fine. However, truly I wouldnā€™t stay in a place that banned my evening glass of wine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uh oh!
No, I donā€™t have a religious objection to alcohol. I was just concerned about damage.

I forgot that I had that rule there - have removed it.

Thanks for pointing that out!

3 Likes