New Airbnb Mag Thoughts?

So… what do folks think of the new airbnb branded magazine?

(My first impression: geared towards guests who think of themselves as having adventures)

I don’t get many mainstream magazines, but it seemed like it had a lot of ads for a $4 cover price. (In publishing, they make their revenue from advertisers, so I tend to be offended if I’m supposed to cover more than postage. But i am also not their target audience - I only saw one page called “host hacks” with three whole quotes from hosts.
Only two were actual tips, the other was just a brag about an amenity they had.)

… But the real question is, do you think they’ll weigh whether you have a subscription in their search placement algorithm?!

:roll_eyes:

I consider the mag yet another brilliant expansion of the Airbnb brand. The articles are mostly guest centric, but the (many) ads are guest and host centric. They sent me one. I have no interest in subscribing but I have no doubt that it will sell well and continue to promote the brand.

1 Like

I got a copy in the mail today, too. Glad ABB at least gave the promo copy for free.

1 Like

It’s being discussed here:

1 Like

Thanks, I should have checked before I posted. :smile:

1 Like

No problem! Just trying to share the info! :blush:

1 Like