New Airbnb Host Furnishing Questions

Neither would I, not even for a night.

RR

1 Like

Right I’m not trying to get around furnishing it properly. I was asking questions about what specific items are necessary and what kinds of amenities are mandatory, that’s all. I’m also not trying to make my own home unlivable for the sake of saving money.

1 Like

I think that’s your answer, then. Livability in your home and livability in an Airbnb are pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Some people prefer air mattresses
I can’t abide more than 1 night on one, myself.

My nurse daughter has taken up a contract 1000 miles from home. She has rented out her home as furnished and rented an unfurnished place in the new city. She has furnished it from Facebook marketplace and second hand places. When she finishes she will resell the furniture. To make her new home comfortable, she has spent less than a $1000. She looked for people leaving the area.

2 Likes

I have stayed in several airbnbs. The ones I enjoy the most are fully furnished with quality products and they cost more. I’m someone who enjoys a nice bed with quality linens, fluffy towels, and other amenties, Beds should have a nightstand on each side, variety of pillows. Some things you can pick up at thrift stores, like dishes, dressers, etc, but please don’t skimp on comfortable sofas, and beds, sheets, towels. Airbnbs with minimum furnishings and no decor, make me wish I had stayed in a hotel.

4 Likes

It’s worth putting some thought into it