NEW accommodation - unsure of best bed configuration

Hi everyone
WE are plannign the renovation of our 3rd dwelling on one property. We currently operate two at the address

Studio - open plan has a Queen bed, King Single and option of a quality trundle bed for a 4th - idea is parent and up to 2 kids, or just a couple

House - 4BR (2 King, 1 Twin, 1 Single) sleeps 7

Cottage - 2BR
I can’t decide whether to have two Queen beds, or a Queen and 2 singles
2 Queens good for two couples or two singles

Does anyone else have a two bedroom and how is it configured? What type of guests do you mostly have? Couples or families? Would you repeat the configuration again?

For us the house is rented out more than the studio and typically 6 or 7 people.
The Studio is often parents and a child or sometimes 2 or 3 adults.

I would do a zip together single bed option however the room space would be very very tight

Thoughts?
Thank you

I have three bedrooms. One has only a queen size bed and the other two bedrooms each has a queen and a twin. The house sleeps 8. This set up seems to have worked well with families as well as groups of friends. In your case, if you can fit two queen size beds in each room, then your cottage would sleep 8.

Hi there. We are currently setting up our two bedroom unit with a queen and two twins. I asked a similar question here a few months back and was given excellent advice. Think about your market and what kind of guests are coming to your area. Is it more of a couples getaway type area? Business travelers? Families with kids? If I was trying for the romantic reatreat option, I would go with two queens. As it stands we will get all sorts as our city offers something for everyone. I figure kids would go in twins as well as grown people who prefer to sleep in their own bed rather than share.

1 Like