Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Netcode smart locks

I am a newbie to Airbnb and have an apartment in London I would like to rent. I would like a lock which can remotely generate and send codes to customers to open front door and lock or unlock door remotely. Has anyone used netcode based smart locks manufactured by codelock?, or recommend a reliable smart lock with remote access

I use the Schlage Connect lock with the Samsung Smartthings hub to do just that!

Hi since I am totally new to hosting and only just discovered Smart locks. Apart from the smart things hub and the lock. Do I need any other app/software to generate digital pins that can be sent to the customers. Also have you had any problems between connection to the lock & the hub

I haven’t had any problems yet with the communication. I did have to do some basic programming to install Lock Manager on my SmartThings hub. You can get step by step instructions on how to do that by googling it.

Hi,
Just to clarify with Smartthings lock + Schlange Connect lock + Lock Manger software. Would I be able to change the pin code on the lock remotely, or are you changing the pin code on the lock manually each time you have a new guest and just using Lock Manager to manage the lock , to let you know when guests arrive or leave and create time slots for each guesthouse

I use the Schlage lock with a Wink hub (similar to Smartthings) and I can program, lock and unlock the door remotely.

Following with interest. I have a lockbox

@Lynnie I just bought a lock box because my keypad didn’t always work. I thought a lock box would make things easier for guests…go back to house keys…

hi, what about folks who don’t have a smart phone? i’m in the process of researching options…my keypad doesn’t always works…thanks!

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!