Negative comments in a review

Thank you for your feedback. We’ll let you know when our home gets a boost, and also what the corresponding price boost will be.

5 Likes

Hi - I have a small apartment and a tiny kitchen too. I can vouch for the single Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer as a dishwasher; it does the trick in a small space and is half the height of a conventional under-bench cupboard. Id send you a link but cant - check it out on google.

1 Like

Don’t worry about this review at all. It clearly says much more about the person who wrote it than about your rental; even the bit about paying for amenities, that are clearly not your responsibility for providing, seemed obvious to me. Anyone with half a brain will see this person for what they are, and disregard what they’ve written.

1 Like

I was going to suggest to raise price but then realized it was community fees they had to pay for.
Many of my guests complained about ceiling fan in one room that it makes lots of noise. I changed it.

1 Like

You have all these amenities at the resort and there’s “not much to do”??!!

And they should teach their spoilt brats to play board games - much better for them than staring at screens all day!

1 Like

I suggest you respond to the complaint about “amenities” to clarify for future guests the reviewer was complaining about paying for public entertainment amenities, such as miniature golf.

“Amenities” is a pretty broad word and some people might think it referred to air conditioning or some other “amenity” within your home.

4 Likes

Konacoconutz, yes, on vrbo. What are u referring to “Air extension”? Thx, Dena

There is an extension on the chrome browser where Airbnb Hosts can easily see what guests have written as reviews for other properties. Prior to the guest booking them.

The best way to respond to these types of boneheads is something like ‘We are proud to offer an unbeatable experience to our guests at a terrific price. We always encourage our guests to contact us at any time if they need assistance with operating climate control features, looking for guidance on amenities/activities in the surrounding areas, as we are happy to ensure every guests gets the most out of their stay. We thank guests X for staying with us and hope they will choose us again for future stays!’

6 Likes

In New Zealand we commonly install Heat Transfer kits - it’s basically ducting between rooms with a fan. It can work for transferring cool air also. Not too expensive here but not sure the cost for where you are. In one of our properties we have put a Hex390 - it’s an air transfer system which brings in fresh air from outside and takes the stale air out (and in winter does it with heat transfer to not lower the temperature of the house). It’s brilliant because it keeps the house feeling fresh when it may have been shut up for a week or so. And it also helps remove cooking odours that some of the guests may have left. I will preface this by saying we are in the trade so could do it very cheaply - but very glad we did.

2 Likes

Ace answer Jack, thanks so much, and glad you are checking in with us! I know how busy you’ve been!

:slight_smile: Ah, I have to take care of my peeps!

2 Likes

I agree with what you say but I really think that the best way to deal with such boneheads is to not reply at all. To show then that you don’t care about their daft remarks if nothing else :slight_smile:

Jackulas, Really appreciate this response! Everyone has been so helpful, as I struggle with having a tactful response that isn’t full of ‘We did this’ and ‘we told them that’ and ‘read the details moron.’ Lol We drove up to the house yesterday and it was 71* inside at 8 pm. We opened the windows and the cool breeze felt incredible :wink: And, ur right, we our proud (a bit biased and feel blessed) of our place & we do strive to inform and provide our guests with a great experience. We call it Ozark Oasis :slight_smile:

Ok, this is a completely different matter and I can’t believe that people expect things like spas and indoor pools in a resort community to be completely free of charge. I know it’s not your fault that people are idiots, but maybe it would help not to mention these amenities in your listing, only mention it as a nearby “activity”? This way you would distance yourself from this kind of expectations. Underpromise and overdeliver.

2 Likes

@konacoconutz mentioned earlier in this thread

I would be concerned that if you don’t address the complaints the next person will start repeating them.

For example: A friend has a beachfront home rental at a great price. At that price point linens & towels are NOT included. The listing clearly states linens & towels are not provided. Bed sizes are listed and guests are told to bring their own. One review includes “it would be nice if beach towels were provided” and multiple reviews after repeated the same thing.

Regarding the bring your own… I know that that is the tradition in a lot of east coast beach places, but I believe Air is REQUIRING that of hosts now.

@konacoconutz. Fair comment. My friends are on VRBO. I provide linens including bath & kitchen cloths and towels, but not beach towels. I tried it once. In 6 weeks almost all 10 were gone. I’m not on premises so I can’t inventory them between guests.

Another $2 per night added to the rate?

We provide beach towels. It means that guests don’t take the posh white ones when they’re sunbathing/swimming. In years, I’ve only lost one. And because I think that was due to a guest who was leaving early in the morning to catch an early flight, I suspect it was a packing error.

Hosts have such varied experiences!