Need some help, Calendar sync programs

I need some help. Been a very successful host for over 5 years. 4.9 rating, super host. I have been approached by someone to list their places and manage them.
I am going to charge them 25% of the net rev. 2 questions.
Operating agreement. Do i have an attorney draw this up, or does anyone here have one i could use and modify?

I really need a management system to track check in and check outs, cleaning, calendar management. I use smartbnb for my emails but need something to sync pricing dates etc.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Which platforms are you listed on, or it just Airbnb?

JF

airbnb and VRBO, but i dont really keep up with my VRBO listing at all, I dont have the patience to keep syncing the calender.

@skideeppow, I’m Tom from Host Tools. It’s similar to Smartbnb but offers a few more features like availability syncing and a built-in pricing tool. It’s very easy to use and significantly less expensive than smrtbnb, it only costs $5/month. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Others with more info on calendar sync programs are answering that part.

I strongly recommend that you have an attorney draw up the agreement to formalize all arrangements and plan for contingencies. That would be far better than using someone else’s existing agreement, which might not be a good fit for the laws in your area.

Serious question.

Do you ever actually participate here unless you’re touting your host tools?

(hint, I know the answer :wink:)

And on the basis you’re using the forum to promote yourself, do you provide the members with a discount, or a bit of commission to Tom to help with the running costs?

JF

2 Likes

Hi John. I do use the search feature when looking for answers to issues I’m having and have posted here a lot. I’ve been a member for many years and have 5 Airbnb listings. I also built a tool (Host Tools) for hosts like me and take the opportunity to recommend it (you can read that as promote it) when someone is actually asking for a tool like Host Tools. I’m just one person building and maintaining Host Tools and find that the best way to get customers is to offer my tool to people when they are looking for answers to issues Host a Tools can help with. Do I get a commission? Yes. I own the site but I was clear about that in my post. If you want to try out Host Tools some time I would be happy to give you a demo or help you get started. I’ll be adding smart lock support next week!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was meaning Tom, who pays the not insubstantial bills for this forum, where you promote your wares.

Sorry, your app is of no use to me on the basis you haven’t an XML connection with BDC.

JF

Yes you definitely need to get a contract drawn by a legal professional to cover payment, services offered, cancellation of service etc.

I wouldn’t try to use someone else’s contract you need one drawn up to your specification and which takes into account any legalities relevant to the area you live in.

I co-host for someone and I don’t use any management system just have it set up on a Google calendar I share with the cleaner. I do a spot check on cleaning on a regular basis and to check on maintenance issues, drop around supplies etc.

1 Like

Prob not helpful, but I fill everything out on the VRBO calendar, which then syncs with the Air calendar. It does not go backwards.

One limitatoin of VRBO is that you need to list 5 properties before they will give you the “good” integration. Otherwise it doesn’t matter what booking tool you use, you’ll be doing some synchronisation and messaging manually.

Booking.com and Airbnb don’t have this problem.

I use uplisting as the primary tool for managing my 3 listings across 3 platforms (calendar sync included) and I’m very happy with them.

$100 a month appears to be their current rate. Seems expensive.
Though perhaps you are paying a legacy rate?

I was for a while, but I’m paying list now. The calendar sync is the main reason I pay but the messaging and direct booking site are both solid.