Need Help Averting Possible Issue with Guest Checking In Tomorrow

That really made me laugh!! Thank you. And so true!

1 Like

I’m really astonished by this. (It’s the first time ever I’ve felt that I’m living a sheltered life!)

Is it legal? Can they really do that? But more importantly, do people care? Are there really, truly some customers who see that as relevant? Yes, I know what America is like at the moment (I’m not that sheltered) but you’ve gobsmacked me.

1 Like

Oh, Jaquo! It’s not just at the moment. What’s new is the in your face-ness of it. America was built on stolen land with the blood of slaves and immigrants. This is the story of America.

I first really noticed the “american owned” signs on my first road trips across the country in the early 80’s. In the mid 90’s I saw a sign on a 4 lane highway in Indiana that said “Jesus Saves, the Pope Enslaves.” Not back in a Louisiana swamp with banjos playing. On a freaking 4 lane highway between Indy and Bloomington. KKK stickers and stickers that said “White men with guns made this country great” openly and shamelessly sold at a biker rally in that same state in the early 2000s. I could go on all day with open blatant racism I’ve seen first hand.

If anyone is offended or doesn’t like this kind of post on an Airbnb site … there are no words for how little I care.

8 Likes

Edit to add. I would get pictures of all of these things now and I’d be posting them on social media because I’d have a camera with me 90% of the time. That’s the difference. We didn’t have occasion to see it then, we do now.

1 Like

Most of my travels throughout the USA have been on business to cities and road trips have mostly been in Florida so I’ve never noticed any signs like those. But there again, I wouldn’t have noticed them, more than likely.

Appalled.

1 Like

We are experiencing something similar in the UK at the moment. You might have heard of Brexit? Hate crimes and racist abuse has risen in the past few years. Apparently people wanted to leave the EU because there were “too many brown people and muslims”. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t understand that the majority of EU migrants are white and now, because they’re all leaving due to the hostile environment, most of our public services will be staffed by VERY brown people indeed.

Stupid is as stupid does.

3 Likes

Tnx to sarah1 for the question and PuppyLover for the response. I’ve been a SH for a couple years and had never heard of this helpful feature until now.

1 Like

Absolutely no offence taken! T’was tongue-in-cheek…

1 Like

There’s a movie called “A Day Without A Mexican” that came out a few years ago. It’s not a great movie but it’s a satirical look at what society would look like without all the Latinos in CA.

1 Like

Hey everybody, thank you for the help with this!

The review is in! All 5-stars, all 7 compliments, long and very detailed and all glowing and gushing and wants to come stay again.

Hospitality wins. Panic and assumption: 0.

3 Likes