Mystery cancellation by Airbnb

The criminal back group checks are now a part of the new TOS that we were all forced to accept to continue.

2 Likes

I did. The customer service rep ignored the question. Along with every other question I asked. The rep just congratulated me on being a fine host. I quoted his responses in Minor pricing issue: guests appear to have booked below my going rate - #14 by faheem - Airbnb hosts forum and Minor pricing issue: guests appear to have booked below my going rate - #15 by faheem - Airbnb hosts forum
Itā€™s gratifying to know that Airbnb appreciates me so much.

1 Like

@Faheem --and every host: I ALWAYS message my guests --any question I ask them will do-I just want to see how they respondā€¦their tone tells a lot! I also ask for first and last names before I book (all guests) and clear recent photos of all guestsā€¦then I do a quick google searchā€¦if they donā€™t show up I donā€™t book.

1 Like

Hi @taratree,

That certainly sounds prudent. Perhaps I should adopt the same policy. Where are you located?

I too just got this message last week. I think itā€™s unfair that I do not receive any payout considering I got the message the day before the reservation was to begin and had my calendar blocked off for 4 or 5 days.

"We hope this message finds you well. Reservation HMQWYQCYNF with Norma Brown has been canceled in our system. This reservation was set to start on 2018-05-20.

Unfortunately, weā€™ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and weā€™re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community. Your calendar should now be open for the affected dates.

Weā€™ve also reached out to Norma Brown to let them know this is no longer an active reservation. Weā€™ve refunded them in full and they are aware that weā€™ve let you know about this cancellation.

Best regards,"

1 Like