My security camera bothers the neighbor because it invades his privacy

Sod him then, do as you wish.

JF

Yuck. No wonder he’s not okay with it. Block out his area with privacy settings if possible, move the camera and if that doesn’t solve it - take it down. I’d be ticked off also to be honest.

3 Likes

Then you need to reposition your camera. What you are doing is not okay. You are being extremely self-centered and disrespectful.

2 Likes

The US Fourth Amendment isn’t clear enough for me to know whether someone in a public hallway has a legal basis for expectation of privacy. It may come down to whether a key (or other method) is required to gain entry to the hallway. With a required key, as far as I know, the expectation of privacy is increased and perhaps legally justified.

However, people in the US have gigantic expectations of privacy. The fact that some of those expectations may have no legal basis doesn’t deter people in the least.

Think of Google maps, and the fact that every license plate and every face is blurred. These are cars and people on public streets. Google goes to the time and expense (probably via software) to blur them.

Preventing trouble is often cheaper than being sued.

3 Likes

Did you read that the footage I showed my neighbor demonstrated that I used privacy setting so I blocked picking up her front door?

If you don’t bother to use privacy settings, it feels like you are deliberately doing this to “prove you can”.

Is this a condo you own or a rented apartment you are basically subletting through Airbnb? Don’t forget unhappy neighbors can cause trouble through an HOA or Landlord or report your actions & rental as a neighborhood nuisance to Airbnb. At this point you are asking for trouble.

1 Like

Yes, I’m an extremely disrespectful and self-centered person. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like

Wrong. I get great reviews. And making presumptions about another host’s business or guests, or calling them a self-righteous troll just because you were offended by a response is really rude.

I didn’t say you personally were extremely self-centered or disrespectful. I said what you were doing by having the camera positioned in that way is.

You said your camera captures all of his comings and goings, who he’s with, etc. I’m not the only responder who said it wasn’t okay and to take it down.

1 Like

Can the wireless router be better secured without the camera?

This question has been answered so I’m closing the topic.

3 Likes