My place is linked with another more expensive place on map

I don’t believe that is the motive for Airbnb doing this at all, although it may benefit some hosts like you. I think that since they are trying to constantly attract new hosts, if they try to get guests to book more than one place on a trip, they figure hosts can hopefully all get enough bookings dribbling in to keep them listing with Airbnb.

I don’t believe that’s the motive either. Why would it be? I got some bookings from it but I would’ve booked those same dates anyway so I don’t personally care. My point was only that it does work, in practice and that some guests are using it. Of course, you’re only reading about the ones who don’t like it, that’s the nature of online discussions.

Anyway, what I said was that I think it’s to provide guests have the most options possible when they put in a search. That’s a common business practice and that makes sense.

Of course, Airbnb does what it does for the sake of guests. Guests are the customers.

What guests are asking for is a way to turn split stays off, and Airbnb has provided guests with no option to do this.

1 Like

You’re the first person I’ve ever seen talk about it. I know for sure that some guests are booking split stays and I also know that I’ve looked at split stays. And as a guest, I honestly love it. It would be nice if they added it as a filter so that you could toggle it on because the main issue I’ve had is not being able to get them to come up when I wanted them. It’s a great idea that’s been poorly executed. So Airbnb, right? lol.

2 Likes

There’s a long thread somewhere on the CC full of guest posts saying how frustrating it is that they can’t toggle it off. So yes, okay idea, but poorly executed. This is what happens when a company’s idea people don’t bother to confer with their customers (both hosts and guests in this case) before implementing something new.

2 Likes

Or their ‘idea’ people aren’t actually the target demographic…

1 Like

bravo. :1st_place_medal::trophy::clinking_glasses::birthday::facepunch:t3::pretzel::wine_glass::pinched_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Yes, I fixed it yesterday but increasing my stay limit from 4 days to 7 days. Thank you for your help.

1 Like