My New 'Summary'

I’m more familiar with Uber - will quotes from them suffice, or should I also figure out LYFT? I did change my description a bit to include length of train ride - and I took out the suburbs part and just said ‘a quiet break from the city’ Later I’ll get Uber quotes for a few destinations.

“Welcome! Come make our two-bedroom, light-filled, semi-private basement apartment your family’s place to relax when visiting DC, UMD, or other. Bedroom 1 has a queen bed & a twin. Bedroom 2 has a queen bed. You will have your own kitchenette, private bath, and a free, hot breakfast. Walk 5 min to the F4 bus stop, ride 2 miles to Prince George Metro station, then take a 20 minute train ride to city center. Free parking at my house. Enjoy a quiet break from the city!”

1 Like

Its almost the same, the differnce can be the most a dollar or 2. Sounds great, your description.

Thanks!! I’ll just use Uber, then - it seems like, here at least, that’s what most of my guests use.

Different places, different rules. But in general I believe that as long as you are not inviting the General Public in for a meal you can cook for your guests.

The New England states are notoriously harsh in regards to Personal Cheffing and doing things in an Air place. If your county allows Personal Chefs, you can easily work around the issue by hiring yourself as a PC to come in and make breakfasts.

I suspect that if a person goes to their county health department and says "What do I need to do to be legal as a Personal Chef here in XXX, they will get a completely different response than if they go in as say "I’ve got an AirBnB property and want to cook breakfast for my guests. It’s a matter of official perception.

1 Like

Very possibly. Interesting thought.

The current restriction I work under actually help me. Otherwise I’d be cracking eggs all over the place. :yum: I would want to make pancakes, waffles, etc, from scratch. The guidelines help keep me focused. I have it calculated to about $2 per person - a 50 cent croissant, a 25 cent piece of sausage, some very nice jam, a little gouda, a bit of fruit, coffee, juice. I also put a small bowl of cherry tomatoes, a small bowl of nuts; just a few things like that to make it seem special and interesting. I also set the table with a cloth, nice dishes, and a cut glass plate for the fruit. If they have paid a good price I also put out cereals and yogurts.

I loathe the day that I’m sure is coming - so many guests rave about my breakfasts that someone will come expecting omelets, pancakes, etc. THEN they will slay me in the review. Until then - bon appetite!

The other funny thing is a lot of guests from Europe or Asia rave about my ‘typical American breakfast’ but I don’t think that this is typical at all. ; )

1 Like

The Normandy is a modus property in DuPont circle. Here’s what they had for breakfast: slices of ham and Salami, slices of cheese, apples, muffins, hard boiled eggs, bagels, croissants and cereal. They had coffee, tea and nespresso. They had three different types of fruit juice. They charged the guest $12 per person. Mind you, ours was comped, so I enjoyed it all the more.

In the evening they had a complimentary wine hour, with cookies and crackers and cheeze. The perfect end to every day!

Now that is a very interesting approach. But, wouldn’t it have to be the Airbnb guests who are hiring the personal chef? For example, I decide to rent a whole house for a reunion, and the owner has the name of someone I can call to come over and prepare dinner for everyone.

While I understand every county, city is different. I have not seen anyone on these boards post their city/county where they are allowed to cook meals from scratch in their own kitchen, and sell this to the general public.