My Homeowners Insurance dropped me because of Airbnb

Thanks for this.
Didn’t know insurance companies would be selective with STRs.

I don’t know if you are still on State Farm. I called my agent who I have had for thirty years. Five years ago he simply upped my liability and charged $25 more. I just wrote him to tell him that my kids who are now on my loan and deed wanted to be additional insured. He told me that State Farm does not cover short term rentals, which I actually had to define for him. So make sure you are insured.

Thanks for the update! We actually sold that house last year so we do not use State Farm for short term rental insurance at the moment. We are insured through a different company for our only current rental in Palm Springs.

Hi Chloe. I just read the thread about STR insurance and tou said you have Vermont Mutual as your carrier. I have a condo in VT and we use Vermont Mutal but our agent sent a form that we need to meet all the criteria’s to be approved to add it to our policy. Did you have to do that?

1 Like

I am in Canada. My home insurance is roughly twice as high with Airbnb. We have never had an incident, BTW.

One thing I also noticed on the ‘updated terms’, which arrived yesterday. The Host Guarantee won’t cover undeclared guests. FYI.

1 Like

This is a three year old topic…many of these posters are long gone. . Happy if you’d like to open a new one for discussion…

1 Like