My first bad review - I am heartbroken

@sunshine1 - I’m Google Chrome too. It makes no sense at all. I bet if I looked on the phone or the iPad, results would be different. It’s crazy. Were you logged in when you looked? I wasn’t.

yeah i was logged in. But when im on my microsoft phone it shows all reviews like they should be-in order…:o

ps: its driving me crazy. Now im paranoid as on a sunday i usually get at least a few other bookings but none today. Probably cuz of that stupid review. Mayeb i should contact that guest to ask to remove it?

@sunshine1 - please just try your very best to forget about it. You’ll only damage your own wellbeing by fretting. You have a gorgeous place and lots and lots of fabulous reviews. I know that it must be terribly upsetting but try to tell yourself that these people were just loonies.

All your other great reviews show that you are a great host and have a wonderful place. I’m sure that potential guests will quickly realise that the unhappy guest is a bit of a nut job! You’ll soon have plenty of new glowing reviews, I’m sure. This is just a blip on the graph. I’m sure too that because of your reviews, Airbnb know that you are a conscientious and valuable host.

If I was in your place, I wouldn’t reply to that rubbish. I’d send an email to Airbnb (they may not do anything so be prepared for that) and then move on. Instead of worrying about the loonies, concentrate on your incoming guests to make sure that they give you even more great reviews :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, youre so kind:)

ps: im debating whether to send a message to Valentine, what you think?

Remember too that this crazy person obviously has some deep-rooted issues of her own and it’s certainly not your fault. She is not attacking you personally (although I realise it feels as though she is) but working out her own problems in her own weird way.

Another way to look at it is this - you are understandably upset and this means that this loonie is controlling your emotions - don’t let her have this power! For her own warped reasons she is trying to be in some strange sort of control - don’t let her! YOU are in charge of your own feelings - don’t let her manipulate you.

A week from now, a month, a year, this will all be a distant memory when you look at your latest wonderful reviews :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always listen to my instincts, and I had a feeling there guests would be horrible. I waited, but just after a day and half they wrote me a review. I waited until today (The deadline-to write them a review. I kept it factual, although I wish now i was more truthful. (My partner stated when he met them they werent very friendly etc. The girl-Valentine was gloom and doom. But anyway, as my partner is always upbeat he tried to make them feel comfortable. To, get to the point, they were already in a foul mood as we didnt let them check in at 9am like they wanted that morning. Then they arrived late. They didnt arrive just a half hr later like she says in her review., It was well over an hr, this annoys me, as I cant bare liars! But what to do ive no way to prove this as they had nil communication prior to their stay!

Ps: Im glad the Indians didnt write a review due to their foul mood. You had a lucky escape!

We all need to learn how not to take things personally. It was obviously not about you but what they had to deal with that night. It will go away soon and you won’t even remember them . I don’t even know why you are worried with so many good reviews.

Honestly, what I saw first was 110 Reviews and 5 Stars. Wow. Some lovely photos, a great, warm, welcoming description. Glowing, wonderful reviews. I actually couldn’t find the bad one because it starts out fine. It is 6th on the list. By then, I was already sold on your place.

Let it go, really - it’s not going to hurt you.

3 Likes

If someone is willing to dig that deep to find one naughty reviewer’s tale among over 100 positives, you probably don’t want that guest anyway.

What’s the song from Frozen?

2 Likes

Robert, did that seriously happen!!!

1 Like

CLASSIC! Thanks for posting this.

If I ever read a bad review where the guest complained they could not nap quietly in the middle of the day…that review would immediately lose all credibility to me. It has crazy red flags all over the place.

1 Like

DC is right… Don’t let it get to you! Valentine gets her jollies out of finding fault and contacting her now is no good. Just no damn good.

Air probably won’t remove it, but very very soon, it will be gone as though they had, I assure you Sunshine. And you’ll be laughing like am today about the weasel and the helicopter. We can’t let a few bratty guests determine our self worth. It’s the business we’re in.

When Witchy Woman from Alberta left me that cruel tirade (privately thankfully) the first thing I wanted to do was write to her and tell her a thing or two. But didn’t… because think about it, that is like engaging a bully. They are only going to use that chance to sling more barbs at you.

If I were looking at your place I would think to myself, How on earth could I be lucky enough for her to accept me! There must be a line a mile long of guests wanting to stay there! Really and truly. I would just read the first few lines of some of the reviews, look at the stars and photos and I’m sold!

We have all been there. The pain will diminish with time. Promise.

2 Likes

Condolences on your driveway.

4 Likes

so funny! lol!!!

Oh my gosh Robert - do you think the guy thought he was comedian and thought leaving a really tongue in cheek review would be hilarious.

He can not be serious!

OMG, here I was thinking this was simply satire! a. maze. ing.

words. can . not. express…

We should have a ‘Wiener (guest) of the Week’ contest every Monday

Robert_Dudley, I crown you winner!!!

2 Likes