My chuckle for the day. Declined!

Got an inquiry from a guy who just joined Air this month and has only one verification - his email address.

Here is his message…what could possibly make me uncomfortable?:thinking:

3 Likes

So… she’s a screamer?:laughing:

3 Likes

What an immature thing to say.

RR

2 Likes

Reminds me of a student I had. I said, “what’s something you accomplished this semester that you’re proud of?” and he wrote, “I learned how to please my girlfriend.”

3 Likes

My favourite one was that one that only wrote this: I’ll be bringing alcohol.

2 Likes

quintessential TMI :laughing:

brought to mind this clip:

3 Likes

We don’t know what “loud” means. Maybe she is bringing a tuba. In the meantime you have 2 complete strangers with no reference asking for special consideration.

NEXT.

4 Likes

“Being loud” could mean a vast array of things. I may have just accepted them out of pure curiosity :joy:.

10 Likes

At least he’s being considerate. LOL

I would ask out of curiosity , what you mean " loud". If he was not shy to tell you his girlfriend is loud , I wouldn’t be shy to ask in what way.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is funny!

It reminds of the time my room-mate back in the 90’s brought back this uhmmm date from a night on the town… I didn’t hear them come in but god lord I quickly thought someone was being killed or smacked around as I was woken by the most crazy screams and yelling! I really thought someone was being killed. Turns out that his new “friend” was deaf and the sex was that goooood!
I’ll never forget those sounds but the fella looked really happy in the morning after and obviously didn’t realize how crazy loud his sex-noises were.

“Occasional bit loud”? “Loud in a good way” “Lol”
It has Mommy-daddy-sheet-monster-time with a deaf person written all over it.

4 Likes

Got this gem of a inquiry from a local a few months back. He even seemed to use two accounts or made two inquiries for the same room. Note: We allow a 5 pm - 11 pm check-in time-frame.

Inquiry A
Guest’s requested check-in time is: 1PM - 3PM
Guest: Can I get early check in?
Guest: I am awaiting your approval
Guest: Not to rush you but can you respond?
Me: Our listing does not appear to be a good fit for your travel needs.

Inquiry B
Guest’s requested check-in time is: 1PM - 3PM
Guest: Early check in?
Me: Hello John, our check-in timeframe is 5-11pm. What time would you like arrive at that time?
Also if you don’t mind me asking, I see that you’re [from some local town]. What’s your reason for travelling to Fitchburg and needing a place to stay so last-minute?
Guest: We have kids and need a getaway. Been a busy week. Us time.
Guest: We have babysitter lined up at home and we were going to a motel but prefer Airbnb
Guest: I have some work to catch up on and was hoping for an early checkin [sic]
Guest: What is earliest I could checkin [sic]?

We even got an inquiry from another local for what our hourly rate would be. Sadly, prostitution is a thing where I live, so I was like, Fuck no! Decline - report.

You missed an opportunity for a review like this. :grinning:

3 Likes

“In a very good way” … Wow. I guess it could be good that he asked but just wow. Awkward.

It would have been funny to respond, “Nice, me too. Maybe we can harmonize … Do you play lead guitar or bass?” But then maybe waving a flag in front of that bull would end up in more TMI than you were already given.

Ahh, the bummer of having to be responsible and professional. :joy:

1 Like

Oh my! ******

Had a recent request wanting to check first and make sure it was okay to have packages sent to my address. He said he was heading out on an extended trip the day after his stay at my house and needed to have “clean clothes sent for his trip.”

It was a ONE night stay. You couldn’t do laundry or shop before you left?

He lives 30 minutes away.

All three previous reviews stated they were “…so sorry Edward’s plans changed and he was unable to make the trip.”

No. No. No. Send your drugs to another address.

Yet another reason why you don’t want to let guests use your address for receiving packages.

Or does anyone think I judged Edward too harshly?

1 Like

Maybe but it’s just not worth the risk. Three reviews with the same wording? That’s strange. Too much strange with this guy.

1 Like

For 1 night stay? I wouldn’t allow it either. I only allow packages sent if I have a long term guest and they must tell me why. Otherwise I let them know about the PO box in the nearest post office where they rent by month.

Not the exact wording, but the same message. He never stayed at any of them.

1 Like

Had a guest stay at my upstairs apartment this one time. I was in the basement working, so from outside the house looked unoccupied. I hear him clomping up the stairs to the apartment and then after a few minutes there’s a rather rhythmic thumping noise, increasing in volume and tempo, until finally theres a rather loud thud. The next day, when he leaves, the guest texts me to mention there’s a problem with the bed. The text exchange:
“Hey, I think one of the support struts on the bed broke during the night.”
I texted back, “Im not surprised. Sounds like you were really going at it last night.”
“Oh crap, you heard that? Im sorry…I didnt think anyone was home. Redheads, man…”

I was amused.

But, yeah, sometimes guests can be a bit…vocal. And I’ve had to move the headboard a few more inches away from the wall.

2 Likes