Memory of a salty man

This was a guest from 3 years ago.

Guest’s Initial email:

He later again asked if Chinatown is NOT close. Rare question, but people have preferences so I continued replying to finalize booking.

Check In arrangement:

His (fellow Canadian) stay was 2 months after Canada Day week, there was no national tragedy, the queen was healthy and alive, hockey season hadn’t yet started. So this email made me scratch my head. Guess he had some doubts about my loyalty based on my skin colour. I never mentioned to him that I was a member of Canadian Forces though. It’s not for brag. The flag is in my heart just like him and all every other Canadians.

Email after check out:

I was worried that the guest will leave a salty review. He was a cynical, sarcastic, salty man. A few days later after check out he wrote me that he won’t leave a review because it would be negative (uncomfortable sofa) and doesn’t want my future bookings to decline. But he mentioned that I was a Godsend!! Sounds weird but I felt like I made this salty man a bit sweeter. I was quite pleased of the result.

Since then I completed about 300 bookings. Surely there a few more salty guests similar to this one but in the end once they got to know me, and as long as I ‘respected’ their beliefs everything went alright… Airbnb adventure continues on…

4 Likes