Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Master Bedroom Help?

Hello hosters, I am just getting into airbnb and will be renting out my entire house and living at my girlfriends house while its occupied. Its a 3 bed room house but I only want to rent out 2 bedrooms on the first floor and leave my master bedroom off limits as I will be living there when my house isn’t rented out. Does my listing fall under entire house and just put the instructions in the description? or should I list it as private room and list 2 bedrooms? This may be a dumb question but any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @nml5129,

So you will never be there when guests are there? And do they have access to everything except the master bedroom?

I don’t have an answer to your question, just thought I’d ask for a clarification.

If you’re there when your guests are - it’s not an entire house

If you put a proper lock on your bedroom door and rent the rest of your house out - entire house.

3 Likes

If you are not in the home while guests stay, I would list it as an entire home, and treat your (locked) Master BR as a “host closet”. They never need to know what’s behind that locked door.

2 Likes

Awesome! I will not be there when guests will be staying there so I will take your guys advice, Thank you for the clarification!

Entire home. Just don’t list it as 3 bedrooms.

3 Likes

The definition of ‘entire apartment’ according to Airbnb is that the space has a lockable door between the guest space, and your space. It doesn’t mean ‘the entire space in the home is for your use’.

So it’s an entire apartment!

Enjoy hosting!

3 Likes
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!