Marketing your Airbnb, does it actually make a difference?

Hi guys! I am currently working on a school project where I’m exploring airbnb host’s experiences and strategies they’ve tried to try to boost their occupancy rates. I know everyone’s experience is different but with the platform becoming increasing popular and the amount of listings tripling, I want to know more about what has been your personal experience. I have created a survey with a few questions but if you don’t feel comfortable completing it, that’s totally fine! You can also reply to this post and talk about which marketing strategies you’ve tried and whether you think it’s had a positive/negative or no impact on your occupancy rates. I would love to find out more about your hosting experiences!

Survey link: Airbnb Host Experience

What are you calling marketing?
I am first choice for our festival committee
Our hospital
Our city council
Our law court
Our real estate agents
I am 85% direct booked

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your response! and that’s amazing, i’m so happy to hear! When I talk about marketing, i’m referring to the different ways you advertised your listing when you first put it on airbnb and different ways you’ve advertised your listing since (for example through social media, blogs, having special promotions, investing in high quality pictures, etc)

How is it that my email address appears at the top of your survey? That freaks me out.

2 Likes

Hello! I understand your concern but I have set the settings of the survey to not collect email addresses, it should say ‘Not Shared’ next to your email. However, if you still do not feel comfortable doing the survey, that’s totally okay! You could also help by replying here about how your experience has been.

It does say not shared, but how did you or your survey gain access to my email address?
It isn’t that I don’t feel comfortable doing a survey, I feel highly uncomfortable that you are somehow able to access our email addresses and you haven’t explained that.

3 Likes

Me too, mine too. And it’s not even one I’ve ever used or given anyone.

@eadames Which school and what kind of class is this for?

2 Likes

It’s one I’ve never used or given to anyone, either.

1 Like

When you click on the link, it evidently takes whatever email you are logged in with and places it at the top of this person’s “survey”.

I don’t like it, and without asking permission, I’m shutting this down.

@eadames, you can msg me and I can give you details how this “survey” can be run properly on this forum.

8 Likes