Low rating for guest?

Guests CAN publicly respond to your review of them. I have had it happen with several guests. The most recent was November 2018.

Weird, I’ve used Airbnb as a guest for years and have never seen that option, only to respond privately.

As far as I know, guests can respond to reviews.

If you think a review written about you is false or exaggerated, you can write a response that will show up directly below the review and be visible to other guests and hosts.

This link is for hosts. I don’t see it written for guests.

But I have had guests do so. I had a horrible guest with pets (who is also a host) that I had posted about on here and I actually posted his public response to my review. He made himself look even worse than my review said he was…

Actually it’s for guests. See the screenshot.

What you screen shot is not what you quoted above. The link (and the corresponding copy paste) are from Hosting help and are not related to what you screen shot about editing your review.

It must be my computer then as I just clicked it and screenshot it again…

However, hopefully the screenshot will help anyone who wants to know what’s on the Airbnb website.

Thanx! My apologies!!! I was looking at the yellow highlighted text. The paragraph below it is the same. So you confirmed and were able to show the time limit for the public response. Thank you!

Where abouts are you located since what I am seeing is different in “my” TOS?

1 Like

I’m in sunny Florida - where it’s raining right now :frowning:

Ya I guess so! I really had no idea. I think m original point was confusing (my bad) – a guest can review you, and you can then respond to that, but they cannot then respond to your response. So, for future guests, if you want, you can get smart about your response to a negative review.