Looking to Survey AIRBNB HOSTS IN NEW YORK

As a former AirBNB Host in New York + a frequent AirBNB traveller, I’am appalled at the politics taking place in my city with regards to AirBNB. Who knew earning an honest buck could be so difficult.

I also happen to be taking a leap from corporate America to my own venture, and was hoping to chat with a few AirBNB hosts, specifically in New York, or other cities.

Thank you to all those who reply for your time and input:

1. Where is your AirBNB listing located?
  2. If NY, how do you feel about the current ruling making AirBNB “illegal”?
    2a. Will you continue to host anyways? (optional question)
  3. Choose what AirBNB meant for you (choose all that applies):
    a) a secondary source of income | b) a passive hobby |
    c) something you did when you were on vacation only
  4. Would you consider short-term reservations i.e.: one-day or half-day?
  5. How expensive is cleaning the room after a guest checks out? (choose one)
    a. upto $25
    b. $25-$35
    c. $35-$45
    d. $55-$65
    e. $65+

Thank you for your inputs - they are greatly appreciated!

Oh, I would be happy to bend your ear as a citizen of New York City and passionate supporter of the recent legislation. But you probably don’t want to hear from me.

3 Likes

Why not?!? I would love to hear from you!

Here are some of the questions I was looking to address - happy to chat more too if you have some time

As a former AirBNB Host in New York + a frequent AirBNB traveller, I’am appalled at the politics taking place in my city with regards to AirBNB. Who knew earning an honest buck could be so difficult.

Survey:

1. Where is your AirBNB listing located?
  2. If NY, how do you feel about the current ruling making AirBNB “illegal”?
    2a. Will you continue to host anyways? (optional question)
  3. Choose what AirBNB meant for you (choose all that applies):
    a) a secondary source of income | b) a passive hobby |
    c) something you did when you were on vacation only
  4. Would you consider short-term reservations i.e.: one-day or half-day?
  5. How expensive is cleaning the room after a guest checks out? (choose one)
    a. upto $25
    b. $25-$35
    c. $35-$45
    d. $55-$65
    e. $65+

Thank you for your inputs - they are greatly appreciated!

I sent you a direct message with answers to the questions that apply.

What is your interest? Are you starting a cleaning company? Seems like that might be your slant. We’re all pretty savvy here, so we really appreciate being upfront about their intentions.

3 Likes

Oh wow, rentals by the hour…nope, not for me. My first thought is “sex workers” but for sure that’s not what you’re pitching. What is your target client for this short-short-term rentals?

1. Start up millennial hipsters who need a dining table to have four 'bros working on the laptops… the next step up from a coffee shop.

Oh my god, if there is anything I would fight FASTER than vacation rentals in NYC multi-family residences, it is access by the hour to apartments in my building. I will be alerting Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal and my Community Board 7 to be on the look out.