Long term rental / checks out but wants to return

I think this is the key point - the person who now wants access is neither the person (company?) who booked, nor the person they booked for.

Therefore, you are not obliged to give them access.

A okā€¦I think I finally get it
.so you main concern was that the woman was an unknown person to you though from.the same company

So yes ā€¦
The contact at the company which made the booking now is asking for 'access" as they wanted to come by and get something they saidā€¦
I communicated that the place has been cleaned and nothing was left what was it that they were looking for? She says we just want access we want access. I ask if she has more workers coming does she just want to come herself I asked whatā€™s going on and again the reply is we just want access. I communicate access is possible but itā€™s not an open house, that the guys that I checked in or more than welcome to return or she prefers to put another staff member here that too was a possibility but we just canā€™t give out the door code and people come and go freely now for the next few weeksā€¦
Iā€™ve not heard back & Iā€™ve offered to give her a ā€œshowingā€ but it seems they just want the door code and want to be able to come and go with whoever whenever they pleaseā€¦
So thankful for Airbnb :heart:

Iā€™m not sure why, what have they done to help you?

You need to get cameras on this property ASAP so you can see who is coming and going since you donā€™t live there.

1 Like

I sensed sarcasm about Airbnbā€¦

And agree about the cameras. Doorbell cameras are the least ā€œoffensiveā€ I have found.

Sounds like @Michelle_McGuire had a pretty good sense of the situation and is handling it well so far.

click on the little pencil icon below your post and you are in edit mode. Highlight all the stuff you donā€™t want then hit delete.

I do live there & I do have cameras

You live there and they just want to come and go out of your house? That amazing and not in a good way.