London Hosts: Room Service Trial

Addison Lee, Deliveroo, KidSitter - your guests can book hotel-quality services straight from a YourWelcome tablet. Whether they want to arrange a taxi, book a babysitter, or are simply having a big night in with a take away – the YourWelcome tablet offers a host of premium, on-demand services that your guests will love.

The tablet costs £9.99 per month - get 30% off with John01: https://www.yourwelcome.com/

Is it only for UK?

I guess you’re based in Tokyo? Right now we’re UK only, but I’ll let you know when we expand to Japan. Send me an email: john (at) yourwelcome.com

What’s the advantage for the host to recommend your app?

Maybe it should be clearer in your website that’s it’s not available outside UK. Waste of my five minutes

Then again, it is a good concept. I might just want to start this in Japan.

Hey Helsi!

It’s not actually an app - we’ve built a custom tablet that you rent from us for all the time you want to use it. There are 3 benefits that stand out:

• First, you can add guides to your property - a welcome video, and then text or video guides to the things around your home (like how to reset your boiler)
  • Next are the on-demand services - your guests can book food, taxis, airport transfers, tickets, beauty treatments, baby sitters and more - we do deals with the individual companies to make sure that your guests get the best available deal.
  • Lastly, we have guides to your local area, both local recommendations and a what’s on guide.

I’d love for you to take a look at what we offer and let me know what you think.

I think you’re right, that’s something that I am working on right now.

Drop me an email if you’re keen to try it - I might be able to get a device sent to you.

Hey! I can definitely send you a device - there are some things we’d need to set up before that though. Why don’t you send me an email: john@yourwelcome.com

Uh? Hosts pay you? This doesn’t seem quite right somehow…

1 Like

What is the difference between you providing a tablet with fees to the host or a host doing up a tablet themselves ? I think targeting guests would be more useful

Hey Geddy, hosts pay us to hire the tablet for their guests to use - it’s a dedicated device, and there is no risk to you if it gets lost or stolen.

Happy to answer any questions that you have. :smiley:

Hey Cassid,

There are two main differences:

• Our product is built for Airbnb - it is custom software, so they can’t download apps or rack up costly bills. There’s also no value in them taking the tablet away with them as it can’t be used for anything else.
  • Our analytics platform allows you to see what guests are doing when they stay - for example, you can see which services they are booking, or which kind of thing they are searching for. If you know that 5 guests in a row have searched for the nearest supermarket, you can add that to your house guide.

Would love to know what you think.

Hiya John, from a host perspective , I am not really interested in what guests do outside my home, and I don’t mean that in a smart way. I have a folder in their rooms with everything they need to know and also have an online one which guests probably never read as most don’t even read a few rules.

Honestly, I don’t know how many hosts would purchase this, it reduces your profit margin and its a tool that would benefit the guest more.

Everybody carries a phone, do guests want to carry something else ? am not sure. I like the concept of what you have, ,information in one place is great and is beneficial but not sure about the current method of delivery is good. Its not of any real benefit to hosts but definitely would help the guests.

Have you looked to target trial groups in the UK, am in Dublin, and we have a private group for hosts in Ireland on FB, am sure the UK have the same. Go to your target audience and ask them for an honest review from them.

A baby-sitter? That’s problematic. You have NO rental agreement with that baby-sitter and they are NOT covered by any kind of liability insurance should something go wrong. My host friend in New Orleans had a guest who wanted to hire a baby-sitter and my friend absolutely refused. They were pissed, but she was right.

You know, I long for the days of folks actually renting our their homes and offering a real “you’re in my home” experience. The more Air and its hosts try to compete with Hotels the more I think they will lose.

Hey Cassid,

By coincidence, we already have a few tablets in Dublin. We’ve now shipped a few hundred tablets and guests are definitely using them (804h of use in the last 30 days, average session is around 15 mins).

I understand what you’re saying and am still learning the best way to communicate the value of what we’re offering. We’re also working on a way to offset the cost by offering a revenue share model on purchases made via the tablet.

I’d love to ship you one of our devices so that you can get hands on with it and let me know what you think. Do you want to send me your address? john@yourwelcome.com