'LOCATION' as a part of the '5 star review process'

One bit of research I did before listing our space was to review similar listings in our area. We live in a suburb of Denver but still several miles south and in a different city (one that is definitely way less known).

I noticed that other listings in our area that were dinged in their reviews for location tended to leave out the fact that their listing wasn’t actually in Denver. I suppose they were trying to make the listing title more “searchable” by using language that insinuates it’s in Denver even when it is not. While guests should still be able to look at the map and note the general area, we know that doesn’t always happen…

I can understand the frustration a guest would feel if the title of the listing doesn’t reflect where the listing is actually located. For locals, a general glimpse of where the listing is on a map is very cut and dry but if someone has never been to that area before? It very well could still be confusing.

We come out and mention our small town by name in the title of our listing. We don’t “pretend” to be in Denver. Right now we have 17 reviews and a 5 star rating for location. We have been booked almost 100% of the time too so I can say it so far has not affected our success in bringing in guests :slight_smile:

I had only one non-5 star for location. Guest raved about the place, then gave me 3 stars because l “wasn’t really in San Francisco”. I am in Oakland, across the San Francisco Bay, and my listing only comes up in Oakland listings. But most of my guests do come for the ease & quiet, because I’m 20 minutes away and probably 50% cheaper!

1 Like