Listing feedback please!

Hi all,

I’m a new host that launched about a week ago. Things started off swimmingly with 13 bookings in under a week. For the past two days it’s gotten super quiet and I’m wondering if I should tweak my listing to improve bookings. Please have a look and let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated

It looks like a great place! I haven’t read the entire listing but could you please explain ‘Stays longer than 7 days are available. Please contact us.’?

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I actually need to update that to “stays longer than 14 days” to match the listing details.

I put a 14 day limit on how long guests can book because I’m using instant booking and I’d strongly prefer that guests don’t book 4 people in for a month. As it’s a 1 bedroom it’s not suitable for 4 people for long stays.

1 Like

You may not realize this, but Airbnb gives new listings a special “boost” in placement to get you excited about being a host. When bookings fall off, it’s because you are no longer getting this special “boost.”

Hi @Ceejay,

I notice most of your photos are portrait style. I’m not sure how intentional that is. Airbnb’s system is designed more towards landscape, so I think that works better. Otherwise you get a lot of black space. Landscape just makes better use of the available space.

I see you are also almost fully booked 3 months in advance. Airbnb may be showing other listings first in the placement line that are not that booked.

1 Like