Listing definitely not showing up

Hope this convo is not too old to revive.

This is happening to me. One friend was able to find our listing 3 others not. We cannot find it from 2 laptops and iphones. When I look at my stats page under ciews, there is a completely flat line till May 30. Around there is skyrockets for 2 days, then flat again. In those 2 days I had a couple of inquiries and one booking. Now the line is flat again and no bookings coming in. We were so busy last year and this is a mammoth year with Canada’s 15th and our central Ottawa location. Here is Air’s response:

Hope this email finds you well!
The case was escalated to me via Twitter and after looking deeper into your case, everything is working correctly.
Even if the stats bar doesn’t show much activity, your listing was viewed 204 times over the past 7 days. I also searched for it, as incognito, and your house was the first one to come up on the first page, in Sandy Hill neighborhood.
As you know, Airbnb is a big community and there are times when the bookings are not as frequent. To boost your bookings, your can try to turn on the Instant Booking, for instance, or follow the tips Airbnb gives you.
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/39/what-factors-determine-how-my-listing-appears-in-search-results
As an attachment you can find the screenshots from my search, and following, you can find the link:

Top 20 Ottawa Vacation Rentals, Vacation Homes & Condo Rentals - Airbnb Ottawa,…

Jun 06, 2017 - Rent from people in Ottawa, Canada from $20/night. Find unique places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries. Belong anywhere with Airbnb.
When I go to her links, I still cannot find my listing, and the map does not show it!

Here is the link I have for a preview from the host portal.

Large Heritage Home - Walk to Everything - Houses for Rent in Ottawa, Ontario,…

in Ottawa, CA. Whole House. 1902 Heritage home. In a quiet enclave in Sandy Hill. On transit.Easy walk to market, downtown restaurants & museums. WALK TO PARLIAMENT and to JAZZ , CHAMBER MUSIC and most other festivals . Ideal for festival…
Am I losing my mind?

Links did not come up in the above message
Here is my listing https://www.airbnb.ca/manage-your-space/10585211

I have a screen shot showing my location with no Air link

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10585211

This is a better formed link for you.

Can you search on the map and find your home? If not, complain about your “geocoding.” When this happened to me, I also didn’t appear on the map and though it took some time, they needed to “tweak my geocode” in order to make me live again.

Thanks for this! Love this forum. Have messaged them with a copy of the naked map.

1 Like

Vanessa has responded that there is no problem with the listing. I have asked 8 people hosts, no hosts, techies, luddites, local & from away. Nobody can find the listing! It appears that Vanessa may be a robot who just says all is well. Have now sent her screen shots of the emails.

What next? Back to Twitter?

Vanessa Who never sleeps! Has now messaged me that she is forwarding to the tech people as I requested a week ago Says to wait two days! Will report back.

I removed my posting on this because realized my search was for instant booking only. :slight_smile: All is good with my listing being found now.

1 Like

Apparently, so were your testers!