Letter from the Bosses

So I just got this is the mail - 2x. Input ?

Hi xxxxxx,

We’re reaching out because you were recently in contact with an account that was removed for violating the Airbnb Terms of Service.

Airbnb will never ask you to verify a listing or pay for anything outside of our site, through email, or through a third-party booker. If you sent money outside of Airbnb, you may have paid for a fraudulent reservation. Let us know what happened, and we’ll recommend next steps.

If someone asked you to communicate directly by email or through Facebook, or copy and paste a URL (http://www.…) into a new browser window, or otherwise pay or communicate outside of the Airbnb website or app, we ask that you stop communication with them immediately.

If you did share personal information, like a password, please update your password immediately. If you use that same password for any other accounts (like your email), we recommend changing your password there too.

Visit our Help Center for more information about recognizing scamsand keeping your account secure. You can always report a profile or listing directly through the Airbnb website or app.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Trust & Safety team

Interesting.

Air is watching suspended accounts and noticing the who contacts them. Very Big Brother but that is the way of the world now. At least they were trying to protect you.

2 Likes

They seem to be talking as though I was searching for a place though. I don’t remember sending any inquiries since June, when I stayed in Princeton for my nephew’s graduation.

1 Like

I would change my password just to be on the safe side.

RR

1 Like

Maybe it was one of your guests who had their account shut down, and Air just automatically emails everyone they had contact with.

3 Likes