Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Length limit of Airbnb review by host for guest

This is a simple question. Can anyone tell me the length limit on an Airbnb review written by a host for a guest? I suppose there must be a character limit. Thanks.

The limit is 500 words.

Didn’t I answer this question several hours ago on the other thread? 500 words.

Thanks @EllenN and @smtucker. I think we are all agreed it is 500 words.

I recently posted a lengthy review for a guest, for background, see

The reason that I asked this question was to figure out how much space I had available for the review.

I noticed something when posting that review, which struck me as a bit odd.

I used the ancient but reliable Unix utility wc, which still runs on modern Unix-like systems like Debian. This gives the newline, word, and byte counts for a file. So I used it to give me the word count for the review.

So wc was reporting a word count of 479, but when I pasted it into Airbnb’s review box, it said something like 130 words left (I wasn’t paying close attention). This seems like a rather large discrepancy. I can’t imagine that anyone here knows how Airbnb calculates the word count. But I also imagine it would be extremely difficult to find this out from Airbnb.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!