Leaving fb for host

I have no idea what you said but wanted to update people on this situation. I missed the review time. It’s totally my fault, trying to cut it close and then getting busy and side tracked to the point when I went in to review her I couldn’t. I called airbnb to see if they could do something about that and still let me leave a review and ended up telling the person who answered the phone the story and long story short, they gave me $100 credit which was more than the room cost so all is well…

1 Like

For you.

Oh well, some people just don’t even think about leaving a review or try. There is this idea that all the fellow hosts have to stick together. Hopefully over time Airbnb will be able to weed out all the terrible hosts despite the nefariousness of mutual non-reviews.

1 Like

Wow…get a life. This is the first time I haven’t left a review and was torn about even if I should, especially after reading other viewpoints. I wasn’t in a good frame of mind that day to say the least. So I take this as a sign a bad review probably wasn’t warranted. She is a host for crying out loud, so I’m sticking together lol! I thought people would like to know that airbnb was sympathetic and made it right as far as I’m concerned. They even told me if this ever happens again, that I don’t feel comfortable staying in a place I’ve booked to call then and they would facilitate a new place or even pay for the hotel room. They said they give extra consideration to super hosts but I don’t know if that is true or not. They did bend over backwards to make me happy and I appreciate that.

No need to be rude. Or even to get defensive. I’m merely saying that it worked out to your benefit…great. And it works to the benefit of the terrible host which is not great. No worries, I won’t respond to your future posts.

2 Likes

My apologies if you said it before but are you a SuperHost?

Yes. I have been for 4 years running. I’ve been hosting for 5 years now.

Good because it’s people like you that make me not want to participate here. You jump on every post and give your opinion like it’s some kind of law and have a habit of finding fault where there is none. So great, now that I know you won’t respond I’ll feel more like participating in this forum.

1 Like

You joined 7 hours ago and want to start throwing your weight around and passing out insults to hosts that have years of experience? Who are always available to ask for help?
This is a civilised space, so please mind your manners!

6 Likes

She joined last June…

But still, seemed kinda personal and uncalled for.

RR

1 Like

Are you some kind of moderator? If so then I’ll listen to you.

@Debthecat is not a moderator but a valued member of this forum. I however am. And I and the other moderators, plus the owners of this site, do not tolerate personal attacks.

3 Likes

Oh and I’m a host with years of experience as well. Sorry if I was rude, didn’t mean to be but that person’s first post on this topic was telling me I booked a room, not hired a therapist or something a long those lines and then takes the opposite position that somehow I did something wrong by not reporting another host whom she/he thought did nothing wrong from the start. Confusing to say the least.