Laundry Question

I’m very fortunate to be in an area with fairly affordable power & water costs and rare water shortages.

I have whole home rentals. I don’t limit the laundry. It has only bitten me once and it was partially my fault.

We all have different washers available (efficient vs not).

The hard part is figuring out what works for you. Make sure it is clear laundry facilities are not available (or limited) and the closest laundromat is. Xxx distance.

Regardless of whether laundry facilities are available, guests may appreciate the offer of a laundry basket to use for toting clothes to/from. I don’t pack a laundry bag…

The more I think about it 1 load per week is really restrictive. I’m a fairly seasoned traveler and I don’t buy clothes that need to be washed separately, but I do need to wash in 3 separate loads for color and temperature. Basically dark, white, and other.

Uhm, isn’t that washing separately?

I have ditched white clothes altogether when traveling, and mostly in life. One less thing.

RR

No, it’s not. When an item says “machine wash separately” on the tag, that means washing by itself (i.e. one item in the machine).

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean, this seasoned traveler only packs clothes that can be washed in the same load. We just got back from a one week trip and did no laundry while gone, for two people we had one big load of mixed (no whites) laundry. Had we had a washing machine available it would have been nice to get it done and unpack clean, but oh well.

RR

1 Like

@RiverRock My thoughts exactly. “Seasoned traveler” and

seem mutually exclusive to me.