Last-minute cancellations

@pat, do you realize that you can edit your posts? Under the 3 dots is a pencil icon which will open the post for editing.

Airbnb just informed me that my email did not go back to you because it wasn’t long enough. So I think now it’s long enough. I just wanted to say, thank you.

This forum isn’t run by Airbnb or paid for by them. It’s a privately run forum paid for by an individual.

1 Like

I did not know that. In any case, in the future I will remember that for the sake of having meaningful discussions, I will not give short answers. I believe the minimum is 15 characters? I forget. As I said earlier, I have to learn how to use this form. This is my first time coming on.

1 Like

It’s 20. But you can just add periods at the end like this…

Or others type 202020 to get the number in.

It’s like writing an essay in school with a minimum word count. Just write nonsense until you reach the magic number. LOL.

1 Like

As an ex-English teacher, I find your answer hilarious.

Retired social studies here.

Well then, you know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Get a room you two…

:rofl:

JF

2 Likes

THIS is why I’ve missed you guys so much over the last year….

3 Likes

Preferably at an Airbnb.:wink:

4 Likes

Yes-confirming the moderate cancellation policy sounds like a good fit. I use moderate (5 day notice required) because I stand a chance of rebooking within those nights.

BTW I found two Facebook groups for my area where hosts post if rental available because of cancellation or may be a new listing. Guests go there because ISO specific dates. Your area may have one too.

Your place looks great and with a score of 4.99 across 93 reviews lots of others think so too.

One of the reasons that I looked you up was to see if the listing was a standalone or a private room in a dwelling. I see that it is a private room in your house.

One of the main reasons that we have a flexible policy is that we also share our living spaces with our guests and we don’t want to have a situation where a guest wanted to cancel but is only staying because of the cancellation penalty. We would find that very awkward.

1 Like

Johnny, That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the perspective.

1 Like