Last minute booking cancels as realises he can't have sex in private. Asks for refund

No refund I would have done.

Youā€™ve got me there. :slight_smile:

I had a similar situation with a last minute booking (not instant booking, I donā€™t do that). Whizzed round my house getting it ready, the couple turn up - one hanging back and obviously shy - and it became clear they had suddenly decided on their first weekend away together, hadnā€™t read my listing properly and thought they were getting my large house and pool to themselves for 45 eurosā€¦
I refunded them 35 euros, they gave me a good review and I gave them one too, regretting the misunderstanding. Everyone happy with that solution, though I was sorry they decided not to stay - Iā€™d have kept out of their way, and I think they couldnā€™t afford a hotel or a place all to themselves so they went home.

1 Like

I had a potential guest message me a few weeks ago and he specifically said he stayed in a shared home (like mine) with his girlfriend, and they got yelled at for having sex, and asked if I would do that.

I declined the booking/blocked those dates so that he couldnā€™t try to instabook. I realize couples probably do have sex in my guest room, but I donā€™t want to know about it in advance, during, or after. I have never heard sex happening though while Iā€™m at home. Hope it stays that way!

Iā€™ve been known to put a glass up to the wall.

Just kidding.

Itā€™s a placeā€¦ usually like a hilltop or a river bank where you make out. If you say you went with a date to the submarine races, that is what you mean! :smile:

1 Like

I remember the olā€™ submarine races. Another is to go snipe-hunting.

It was before my grey matter was fully developed.