Large Bachelorette Group Wants to be Larger

Their language is akin to “software connected hosts can do direct security deposits”. In another area they seem to define software connected as “using channel manager” or “using API”. On other posts, you will see links to those pages and screen shots.
As I read those pages, any host who uses a channel manager may do direct security deposits. There are many channel managers out there. They charge anywhere from $9 - $30 per month for hosts with 1 stay or limited # of stays (like 1-5, etc).
We have been looking closely at yourporter.com. Good pricing and seems to have nice features for us. Basic features are fine for our needs, with only one stay.
This is one of many scenarios where “use the 3rd party” can work in your favor. You can always say “as required by insurance, we must collect a direct security deposit plus full name, age and addresses of all guests”. Air has no authority to question what is or is not in your policy and can never ask for a copy of it.

OMG I was about to reply with the same sentiment; people who are honest don’t walk around telling people, “I’m honest!” Their actions just reflect it to be so! Like people who are rich, they don’t tell you they’re rich; you just know. Couldn’t agree w/you more and I hope it works out for the OP. I would not allow the reservation at ALL if this correspondence came my way! My home (investment) is way too important and valuable to leave to chance.

This 100% Absolutely. There is no way this lady is “not going to invite everyone over to her place”. BET ON IT.

2 Likes

Final resolution: we offered her a full refund even though she was in the window for only half back. We encouraged her to book another properly that accommodated up to 15 guests. She cancelled. No penalties will apply per AirBnB. Crisis and worry avoided. Thanks everyone!

8 Likes

I would have done the same as you and originally allowed her to stay and kept a watchful eye. I’ve had several guests that I really believed were going to be a problem and they were lovely.

Unfortunately, her canceling pretty much sums it up that she would have broken the rules.

I hope that you get a new booking for that weekend!

4 Likes

I think you did dodge a bullet here!
Best, and let us know how it works out.

2 Likes

Yes I agree! AirBnB called me to sort out the cancellation and I didn’t hear a word from her. We had been messaging back and forth a lot and then when she decided to cancel not a peep from her. I think she is very spoiled and could not believe she was told “no”. I’m glad she is staying elsewhere with her crew!

4 Likes

As it should be.

1 Like

Guess if you know the rental she’s staying in next, you will be able to read the host’s review after they’re left.
I imagine they might not be favorable, but who knows. I host a 2 person STR and cannot imagine the stress of a 10-14 person rental where plenty think anything goes.

1 Like

I’m going to close the thread since it’s resolved. This will prevent new posts from people who don’t bother to read the thread. If anything changes and you’d like to add more comments @hey_kelly, let me know and I’ll open it again.

1 Like