Known calendar bugs: Can't unblock days

I blocked May off yesterday so I could think about what I wanted to do without getting any bookings affecting my deliberations. Today I am unable to unblock it. I hope this is one of Airbnb’s short lived glitches.

I know you only have 1 listing, but I have had problems with calendars blocking or failing to sync or failing to remain blocked for months now. I called about it and was told they were working on known bugs. They still haven’t fixed them. I have to manually block calendars that should be syncing, and have had problems un-blocking dates. I had to un-link calendrs and manually unblock…then re-link. Had a guest send an inquiry (thank god not a request to book) while we were there over New Year holiday…calendar magically unblocked… Real fun. Not nerve wracking worrying about doublebooking at all.

Thanks for your input. It’s not that big a deal if it stays blocked awhile because I get mostly last minute bookings.

Once you figure out how to unblock your days, try this instead. I raise my rates to 3 times what other places in my area are going for. That way I don’t get booked but I also don’t get hit with low bookings around the blocked dates.

I’m doing that right now for some dates in April (after a guest just cancelled). I’m going to Martha Vineyard to visit a friend and now I can figure out what days without worrying about the bookings.

1 Like

It is an omen from on high!

Someone is saying to you “have a break!”.

Go on, put your feet up for a few weeks and do sod all. You know it makes sense.

JF

1 Like

It’s tempting and if I hadn’t just spent a ton of money going to New Zealand and CA and committed to doing a major remodel of my personal bathroom I’d really take time off. And with my retirement accounts losing 20% (so far, I expect that to possibly double) it doesn’t seem like the wise choice. I’ll be cheering you on though.

Thank you. I’ll raise a paintbrush to you! Just doesn’t have same ring as a glass, does it?

JF

1 Like

Just had my first virus cancellation for next week. Might as well replace that dodgy board on the ramp to the suite . . .

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to re-chaulk the bathtub. Oh the fun!

1 Like

I’ll recaulk your bathtub if you spend 3 days on my rooftop in the blazing sun applying another coat of roof sealer paint. :wink:

LOL, We all have the things we hate to do. This is an old tub/surround wall do-it-yourself from probably 30 years ago. It’s a nasty job where I have remove the old chaulk, bleach inside the walls then rechaulk. But got to keep the tub sparkling clean for the non-existent guests :wink:

1 Like

I finally thought today to go to my app and unblock the days I couldn’t get to unblock on the website. Another way they push people to use the app.

Another data point…

Two nights ago, my 2nd (linked) Airbnb listing failed to sync, and then when I manually blocked the dates, I double checked a few hours later and found it unblocked again all by itself.

Edit: @KKC I took the liberty of editing the title of your thread to possibly help others experiencing calendar glitches find it.

Becoming fairly obsessively paranoid about checking now.

1 Like

Welp. I just accidentally figured out that part, but not all, of the calendar problems I have had are a feature, not a bug.

I was blocking days for personal use. Blocked listing #1 and then checked my linked listing #2 and the days were not blocked. So I once again checked that the calendars are in fact linked and I noticed. It will only block days on the linked calendar for “CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS.”

So if you are blocking it off for personal use, renovations, or anything other than a confirmed reservation then you have to manually block every single linked calendar. BRILLIANT coding, guys. Just… slow, very sarcastic clap

1 Like