Kim's family attacked

Our mutual friend Kim aka “Keugenia’s” family has suffered a brutal attack. For verification: look up on the online news: Taylorsville UT.

We are posting this here on her behalf because we have met her in person when she agreed to come out and house and dog sit for us in August. She is a wonderful person and has our respect and her family deserves our support if we can. Below is copied from her FB page.

This is my husband Mark’s oldest son and his wife.

Early Tuesday morning, September 20th, Mark’s son and his wife were attacked in their home while they slept by a disturbed 15 year old stranger. JJ’s ear was nearly severed from his head and one lung was punctured and collapsed. His wife, Ashley, suffered even more severe injuries. Both her lungs collapsed and her diaphragm was cut. Both of them are expected to recover.
No one expects something like this to happen. To add insult to injury, besides coping with the physical and emotional trauma of the random attack, they will suffer financial hardship. If you can, please help them out by donating to the Go Fund Me that is set up to help them with some of the financial costs of suffering this.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgofund.me%2Fd2ea6bdc%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1TDXKgj1Iokk4TSbDI9dYSdfWPrgv7h2aCRttxVRTTpAeIZXjpPdC86pw&h=AT2ekZ3wpLXJMqdGjY-EDASeNpDCZ4FIUt41G_zZfe1AebqvzQs0z8bj0NeplJM-WIfjF6K72iuh74WRAfcgeED58Zz7OTIKnvXNvLelJnLNXx0KmVMA6rw-kUP6QMNi-JBp&__tn__=H-R&c[0]=AT2IR8aemmrgOKQWNSzDBhbO60B24rnAhpk35ulxpxCnNLmT58WCyoRRnHZX0UoLGiIEzX5raVb0p-clsYsU_fpLMshGoSHlKJ4DZnL9HAiny8KOuFD850nqcoBsmkujO05iZ8xSKzkdJa6cz0ybx24xq7A

1 Like

How horrible and tragic. I hope they recover without any permanent effects.

It’s outrageous that disturbed kids like this are out there commiting horrible crimes like this. There are always warning signs with these kids long before they harm others, and nothing is done to take them out of circulation and give them the help they need.

3 Likes

How does anyone ever sleep well again? I live in a “don’t lock your doors, walk anywhere anytime” type of neighborhood. These stories make me cautious for a few months, then I relax again. This experience will make them beyond cautious forever. Hoping they have lots of support to heal.

2 Likes

Oh how indescribably awful for this to have happened to her adult child and his family. I can’t imagine what the family are going through.

I see they have already raised over $17K which is amazing.

Wishing them both a speedy recovery soon.

1 Like

What terrible news. Thanks @gypsy for letting us all know.

1 Like

I’m sickened by this. What is our world coming to, lately? I read that they are on the road to recovery, but it will be a rocky slope.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this. What a terrible experience.

I wish them the best for healing and peace of mind.

1 Like

About 1/2 of my life I’ve lived in homes without locking the doors, now also. This story does make you shudder and feel vulnerable. I do feel more secure with a s/o and 2 dogs and not being in an open neighborhood. I bet all the neighbors lock up, it’s just the human need for security that I’ve traded for no paranoia.

Because it happened to someone we “know” only one person in chain of separation from us, is what makes us feel like it could happen to us, not just to “anybody”

1 Like

I also seldom lock my doors, really only when I go out, but not at night. Stories like this don’t really make me frightened or change my ways. Just because someone even close to you got in a car accident doesn’t make people decide not to drive, although it normally makes one more aware and cautious when driving, at least for a few days.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this information. It is wonderful & amazing how much we care about someone we’ve never seen or met but know their written word.

3 Likes

I did meet her as I explained, otherwise I may never have heard the story.

1 Like

I think Annet was referring to people donating money when they haven’t had any personal interaction with the victims or their family.

2 Likes

@gypsy

@ muddy is correct. I don’t know Kim but I feel a connection & genuinely care about her & her family. I feel confident some others in this group feel the same way.

It’s beyond the empathy of reading a story about total strangers.

3 Likes