Kids don't live on bread alone

Florida.

:wink:

He does not have a profile pic and doesn’t list any extra info in his profile, but his cell phone area code is from Florida. His name and accent are not standard USian, so i’ve assumed he was born and raised in the great Elsewhere.

3 Likes

The Breadmooch tribe.

Space aliens enslaving us with stray kittens, broken dryers, and a broken bottle of Youth Dew.

The horror.
The horror.

2 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me. Floridians are crazy!

I totally get where you’re coming from (single mom of 8 kids who escaped abuse) but you have to think like a business person and let that loaf of bread go :-).

5 Likes

I agree :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

What ever you put out for guests they will use or take. Don’t put it out if you can not afford it. If they went into your personal space, you need to block it off, if you can not control it. If things are hard on you, Salvation Army and Food Pantries are a God sent. It’s to late now to complain. Vent and go bake bread.

2 Likes

I’m not yet a host.I came on this site to get insight into what it is like to be a host.
I have often been a guest.Some hosts are in desperate circumstances.I stayed with many like this in London.
I think stealing is terrible.However if someone taking/using a whole loaf of bread makes you so stressed out maybe finding another avenue for earning extra income will be for you.I do see that having guests in your home endlessly would be stressful and tiresome at times.But its a choice and you are are host and must not be petty about things and pick on guests for every little thing.
Ill probably get kicked off the site now.

Be carefull…they will call you racist

1 Like

Calling a thief a thief is not being petty. That guest had no business helping themself to the food in the fridge. I would put it in the review, guest STOLE from me I cannot recommend this person.

RR

2 Likes

Wow, suck it up buttercup go to the food pantry? Horrible advice.

RR

4 Likes

Lol well I guess I’m racist against myself because I live in Florida too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What am I missing here? This is a forum for hosts. Sure, yes we allow non-hosts and you aren’t going to get “kicked off” for simply being critical. But I do have to wonder about the motivations of someone who is not a host and who chooses to make their first post one lecturing an experienced host about what they should do with their stuff in their home.

This is victim blaming. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $5 loaf of bread or the crown jewels.

6 Likes

We all need to have a cookie

1 Like

Should you choose hosting as your “Avenue for Earning Extra Income” we will be interested in how you view a similar incident on your watch 120+ guests later.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten used to the Facebook haha icon, which is what I would have done for this. Brilliant!