Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Keyless entry AND exit

Does anyone know of a lock that provides keypad entry AND a way to see who / when people leave? In a perfect situation i would get a text not only when guest X enters, but also when guest x leaves…

Rolf,

I have a Nest keypad lock and I set up a different codes for my guests. I am notified of who and when they enter and when they lock the door behind them, as well as when the door is unlocked/locked when they leave. It does not track which person unlocks the door to leave however. The account also stores the history. I have the app on my phone and am alerted that way. Hope that helps!

Ditto. We love our nest/Yale lock.

It seems you need a camera to go with the lock? That’s the only way to see who is going in and out. I wonder if the Nest camera can interface with a Nest lock?

The only thing that stopped me from getting the Nest lock is it doesn’t have an actual key to turn the deadbolt as a backup. Likely not a common occurrence. But if the batteries fail, i have a lock-box and key on site for my electronic keypad for emergencies.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!