Keeping rooms smelling fresh

I use that stuff on my hot plate which is stainless. It also works on rust spots.

2 Likes

@jaquo - please be sure to test it in a corner somewhere just to be sure your glass won’t scratch. It’s highly unlikely to scratch, but I would hate to be wrong!

I love the stuff. I have stainless pans, and use it on those. I use it on the electric cooktop glass. It gets the hard water rings out of the glass vessel sinks, and polishes up the faucets and sink stoppers.

1 Like

I now have a new steam mop (with a carpet glider) which I have been using to steam carpets. It is fantastic for germ killing and freshening the carpet. It’s really great if I use essential oils, usually lavender, on the pad. I can also use it to steam mattresses and protectors in between washes (when the pad is freshly laundered of course). However, I am struggling to find a cylinder steam cleaner which I could buy for contains, clothes etc. in the UK. They all have terrible reviews even from Which for being underpowered. Anybody found a good one?

I know many people love essential oils and their fragrance but I would not consider it a “fresh” scent. Just annoying. If I was booked for more than one night the windows would be wide open no matter what the weather!

1 Like

Most people think of a synthetic lavender fragrance rather than the essential oil. Lavender is not a base note so the actual smell is mostly gone before check in. However its cleansing work would be done. It also prevents insects. Essential oils are a personal thing but lavender is a balancing and relaxing oil.

1 Like

Once you get the shower door clean add Rain X (the product for car windshields) to the glass. It works beautifully and no more struggles cleaning the shower door.

3 Likes

I use a Fragrance Oil Reed Diffuser.

Another option are products that contain Cyclodextrin. The most well know product is Febreeze.

Same thing, but with ammonia.

Old Post Resurrection Police’: Don’t jump on my case … I didn’t do it. But since it’s been bumped up, I recently came across this remedy for kitchen smells.

Simple, NonChemical, and Effective.

Some essential oils are a problem for me even in small quantities. It’s the same with plugin type air fresheners. I would not be able to stay as they make me feel like my lungs are shutting down. I start coughing and gasping. Petouili oil being one the biggest offenders. Lavender isn’t as bad. I just end up congested and become a mouth breather. For me, leave all scents off of my bedding.

2 Likes

No. Steam cleaning kills bacteria, viruses etc. Oxidizing treatments will be no more effective. You obviously have a product to sell but pseudoscience doesn’t persuade.

What steam mop are you using @Jess1?

It’s a Vileda steam mop. It has a carpet glider to steam carpets etc. The microfibre pads are machine washable. Freshly laundered to steam mattresses, bedspreads etc then used on the floor afterwards.

Amazing thank you @Jess1

I’ve tried hand held steamers and have looked at reviews, thinking this would be easier for sofas (I’ve got a dog) or curtains. However I’m told the only hand steamers which really work are commercial ones. For example there’s one in my local charity shop. It’s big (like a Henry vacuum cleaner size) and expensive. So I’ve steamed a pair of curtains by shaking and airing them outside then steaming them on the bed!

Thanks so much @Jess1