Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone

For everyone who has participated in the many threads I’ve created or answered any of my questions or has been patient with me during the short time I’ve been a part of this community, I just wanted to say…

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I feel like I’ve saved years learning from you guys! I know that experience trumps education, but I feel like you guys are helping me to be far better prepared for when I face experiences of my own.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

14 Likes

I think for all of us it was very nice to see that a new member got involved right away in making some topics with good questions. Moreover a new member who really seems to appreciate the vast array of different advices that we are bombarding him with :grin:.

It’s a great forum, really a masterclass to get hosts started. Over time one becomes less depended on all the advice, but it’s always great to come back for those emergencies, or for those when our ‘normal’ ways got us lost.

Anyway, a very warm welcome to the forum! Soon you will be passing YOUR advice on to new members.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words and your warm welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just want to echo that sentiment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for thanking us; a welcome rarity! The forum has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, which is why I call it " The Air Hosts’ University ".

1 Like

@Fahed I am glad to hear you have found the forum so useful.

Your other ‘bible’ should be the Airbnb Help Centre. I still refer to it regularly as Airbnb update their terms and conditions frequently making it hard to keep up.

Want to understand cancellation policies? Understand how to amend a booking? Change your pricing? How to claim for damages? To understand how the host guarantee or liability insurance works? - Just use the search function on their Help Centre and you will find the information you need.

It’s great for all the basics you need to know when you are starting out.

I also like the community guides and tutorials on the Airbnb Community Centre including the ones for those new to Airbnb. Have you had a chance to read these yet?

Reading the ToS was very helpful and I’ve had some luck with the search facility whenever I’ve felt like asking them a question. But this forum is faaaaar better. :smiley:

2 Likes

But as Helsi reminds us all, we might be a tad lax in keeping ourselves up to date with Air bnb policy changes. It’s not like they notify us via our in-box.

Thanks for a timely reminder Helsi!

1 Like