Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Just Venting a Little Bit

I do something similar. I’ll message the guest to request for a review and say something along the lines of “we are proud of our five star reviews and depend on them to attract quality guests like yourself” etc.

1 Like

I really like that! Need to find a way to slip that in somewhere.

I am frustrated, too, by the change – or what seems to me to be a change – in these rating systems. I’m with the poster above who stated that 3 stars used to be good, then 4 was very good and 5 was excellent. Now, anything under 5 is bad. I had one lady leave 4 stars on two things – location and value, I believe and when I wrote to ask her what I could have done to have her rate the stay as 5 stars, she said “oh, I never give 5 stars for anything”.

I did something similar once and the guest gave me 4 stars overall (although 5 stars in every subcategory). I have a feeling they did it just because they resented my presumption that they should give me 5 stars, and wanted to show me that I can’t tell them what to do.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!