Just got dinged with 4 stars by a happy guest. Grrrr!

Feedback

Accuracy

Cleanliness

Communication

Value

Check-in

This public review was in May, “Views and accommodations were great! Julia and Michael were very hospitable and welcoming! The pictures online are an accurate representation of the accommodations” We got 5* overall from this person, she was our 18th guest, and also wrote a nice note in our booklet. It’s funny> turns out we just found out she’s dating our friend’s son and brought him here for his birthday. Man, I was so miffed. changed her name on my phone to s------nononono

2 Likes

Boy, I would just be heartbroken. Especially since it is obvious she didn’t mean to leave a one star review.

3 Likes

Wow that really sucks - so she clearly thought 1 star is best. I assume that you contacted air and they would do nothing …

No, I didn’t contact Air. I contacted the guest who said she would call Airbnb. She claims they said there was nothing they could do. I suspect she didn’t even call them. She was on a trip and probably had a million other things she would rather do.

1 Like

My second ever guest left me a devastating 2* revenge review. This was at the beginning of our high season, and I still managed to get SH at the end of that quarter. To put that in context, most of my bookings are for last minute getaways for a few days. I have few made in advance.

@GutHend has a very good take on reviews that I think he leaves out for guests. It’s hilarious but to the point. Perhaps he’ll re-post for you, new job depending. I’ve lost my copy that I used to leave in the guest dining room; I think it walked with guests who laughed at it but felt enlightened.

Found it - thank you.

1 Like

Can you re-post it on behalf of @GutHend please?

With admiration for your tenacity on the search front!

1 Like

I am totally behind this theory. It seems very clear that many of my guests know they want to say something positive about my listing, but find it too much work to come up with something original. Many of my reviews have at least the same tone and at most the same words in a slightly different configuration.

3 Likes

I’m with the other hosts. Put 70% of your energy into upping your game and 30% into educating guests. I can’t help but feel you’re blind to something. About half my guests are new and I haven’t had a 4* since last year.

When I first started hosting, I made a point of catching people on the way out. Approaching it as “hey, I’m new at this. Is there anything I missed? Anything you felt you needed?”, I found guests were generous in their feedback and gentle in their actual reviews. I also added a question to my guest book “If you had $100, what would you change or add to the suite?” I got A LOT of valuable feedback, which I implemented.

8 Likes

Yeah, known as ANTalucia this year in these parts. Not to mention the midges (I think what the US calls “no-see-'ums”) that made our September a misery …

2 Likes

You found them worse than previous years as well? Been a bit of a nightmare this summer, less so in guest apartments, more in our apartment upstairs.

JF

After 7 years I got one bad review. I am finished after seven years of good reviews. I have no defense although I have witness and the accuser/“guest” has none. Is there a court of appeal?

You may wish to repost this as a New Topic? It may not be seen as much here on the end of mine.

2 Likes

After 7 years I got one bad review. I am finished after seven years of good reviews. I have no defense although I have witness and the accuser/“guest” has none. Is there a court of appeal?

2 Likes

I don’t think you understood @Jefferson’s suggestion.

If you want your post to generate discussion, start it as a new topic.

1 Like

Court of Appeals

Just out of curiosity what is your nightly rate, your cleaning fee, if any, and average length of stay?

You’re still not getting this - replying here, to these messages, is not creating a new post. You need to click on the little green house symbol up at the top, and then click on “+New Topic”

1 Like

It ranges from $155 to $270, depending on season. No cleaning fee. Most are 2-3 nighters and rarely over 4-5.

1 Like

TO LORDHUNT / SUSAN LORD WILLIAMS

Let’s try this one more time? You should POST THIS AS A NEW TOPIC. Please see the image:

1 Like