Judge my listing now that it's finally up

Sounds similar to when we first went live. We had a long weekend coming up and my goal was to have the house ready and initial photos up about 2 weeks before the long weekend with a goal to get a booking for the long weekend. I got the listing live and was still tinkering around with prices etc. forgot to set a higher price for the long weekend and we got a booking for those dates within 4 hours!!! It was so exciting lol. And then our bookings started coming in and we had no reviews! I was laughing thinking who would even book a place without reviews! Obviously it didn’t matter people booked, loved our place and left great reviews. We are still in our first 12 months and we have been doing really well with bookings. And with k9’s wise words and guidance you are on a great start to your listing history!

1 Like

Fingers crossed! I’m taking you as my success story!

2 Likes

Good luck! I am sure it will work out!

1 Like

It sounds like you’ve gotten some great feedback. My only advice would be a pic of the shower/tub… I’d want evidence that it’s clean!

Thanks that’s a good idea. I will try to remember to get one on my next round of photography!

I feel the same way. I won’t stay at a listing that doesn’t have photos of the bathroom and I prefer to see (though that’s not a deal breaker) the tub/shower area. I spend quite a bit of time looking at listings and I’m amazed at how many listings with terrible pics and none of the bathroom have double digit, sometimes triple digit 5 star reviews. If it’s low priced enough, or there isn’t much to choose from, people will book anything.

1 Like

Wow - if I saw a listing with the main picture being of a security system, I’d pass and not even look at it. It’s advertising that the neighborhood is bad enough to need a security system. Even if that is a true statement, it’s a horrible marketing approach, IMO.

Yes its not even a good pic of the security system lol. All blurry. There are 2 other photos of parts of the house but not great photos either. According to the reviews the host cancelled on a bunch of people last minute so…Maybe she just doesn’t really care if she gets bookings or not…but she is getting them!