Is this bed too heavy for this room?

I’ve been looking for a new bed for this room (the room with the blue bed in it) and found this Leather one… but just can’t decide if it might be too heavy looking (and maybe heavy too) for a fairly small and awkward shaped room? I’d love to know what others think? Thanks

Not a fan of leather furniture, however I prefer the leather one to the one that’s in the room. That looks like an awkward bed to get in and out of and appears to take up more room than necessary.

1 Like

Yes I agree the current bed needs replacing. I’d never realised it might be awkward to get in and out of though. Why do you think that? Is it because the mattress isn’t quite the right size?

I think what you say about the current bed taking up more room than necessary might also apply to the leather bed? Although it looks nicer, I’m thinking in the end the problem might be the same?

I’m assuming you can get the sizes for beds you’re looking at. Can’t quite tell, but is the leather one’s frame outside the mattress? Since space is an issue, find something where the frame is under the mattress.

What I meant about the existing bed being awkward is the gap between mattress and frame.

I don’t have a modern beds, frames all underneath the mattresses.

Yes no problem with sizes.
Thanks for clarifying - the gap is because the mattress is not the correct size for that bed, so yes I could just buy a new mattress but I don’t think the bed is great so I’d rather replace that.

Frames underneath mattresses I hadn’t really thought of this versus opposite. Very good point. Im looking at basic platform beds on Amazon at the moment

1 Like

I think they’re both heavy looking. How about a simple brass headboard? I think a brass headboard with a beautiful quilt would look charming, especially if you’re in the English countryside.

1 Like

I Ii

Thank you for the suggestion. I do like brass headboards and agree they can look lovely, but I prefer upholstered - I think more comfy to lean on. My ideal headboards are like these but they very rarely come up second hand and I wouldn’t want to buy new… would be over $1200

1 Like

Upholstered headboards would not at all be a preference for me if I were a guest. Would kind of gross me out, actually. Unlike the bedding, you can’t wash it and I would not want to trust that it was clean. Something that can be easily cleaned seems a better choice for a rental.

6 Likes

I feel the same as @muddy. Upholstered headboards are not for me. They always seem dirty, even if they look clean.

1 Like

Muddy thank you this is such a good point. Can’t believe now it hadn’t occurred to me, and I’ve already bought four of them over the last couple of years. I even took up an upholstery course to make the single one. Okay I’m going to look for non upholstered headboards now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upholstered with leather (or even better, fake leather) would be different. It can easily be cleaned like wood or metal would be, it’s not the same as linen or cotton.

And for the upholstered ones you already have, you can clean them with vodka in a spray bottle.

But I agree with @zillacop, if you have a space issue, it’s better to have the frame under the bed and then add a headboard. Even if you only save a few inches in floor space you save many more inches in “visual” space.

3 Likes

Thank you another great point that I’ve picked up today

What about this one? Nice and light looking, and wipeable

4 Likes

I like the bamboo one for that room. I think it’s the same boho vibe and isn’t heavy.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a nice one.

That’s nice and it’ll look perfect with those green walls that you have.

3 Likes

prefer the rattan headboard, and you already have an eclectic mix so I think you could push further into “boho” styling with it.

1 Like

I find brass headboards like shown to be really uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Completely off topic but I absolutely love the green on your walls. What is the colour name and manufacturer?

I also like the rattan headboard the best. Cheers!

2 Likes

Nice to hear only recently painted…Farrow and Ball Sap

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go with brass, although looks nice could be uncomfy to lean against

2 Likes